Is he interested in me? Or does he just want a hookup?

This cute guy and I made out at a party 10 days ago. He took my number, called me three days later, picked me up and we went to have a drink together at a fancy place. We kissed again when he dropped me home.
We texted a bit the next day and the day after, we met at a party two days ago and made out again. When he dropped me home he asked if I wanted to go back to his place, I politely refused and changed the subject.

I knew what this meant, but I wasn't ready for that at all. I want to get to know him better, and maybe start dating, but after this night he didn't text me again.

I thought okay I should give up, doesn't seem like he wanted more than that. But then a friend tells me that the guy told him "he was seeing someone", but didn't want to tell him who until he was sure. I thought this might be me, but since he stopped texting it might be someone else...

What do you think? Should I text him? Or is he only interested in hooking up?

Most Helpful Guy

• I realize that I am an older guy and you might think might opinion is irrelevant, but. . . what message did it send when you started making out with a guy who you had just met? Did it say, "I'm looking for a serious relationship," or "I want a guy who will respect me."? Or did it maybe say "I'm horny and I'm looking for a quick hookup."? Did you act like a girl who he would be proud to introduce to his mother or did you act like one of those girls who he will never tell his mother about?

You know what this guy is looking for.

• Wow... I don't hook up, but I had never thought something like that before!!

• Want to salvage this? Go to him and say, "I want to confess that I am embarrassed by how I acted. I am not an easy girl just looking to hookup and get laid but I was in a weak time and. . . I have to confess that I am very strongly attracted to you and. . . I did something that I would not ordinarily do. If you want to give it another try, I'm sure that you and me would have some amazing chemistry between the sheets. . . but not until we get to know each other better."

1. This is very flattering to him.
      2. You can bet that he has never had a girl approach him in this way.
      3. What do you have to lose?

• Wow you really are OlderAndWiser, haha.
      I will definitely try this, I have nothing to lose as you said. And I think it's important we set it straight, since he got a very wrong impression of me. At least we will know not to waste any more time if we don't want the same thing.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• If his behavior has changed since you declined going home with him then he was just after sex. Move on.

• Maybe you should text him and ask him if he wants to go out again?

Tbh nobody really spends that much time on someone they just want to hook up with..