Girls would you date a guy who doesn't have many friends?

He's more of an older guy and has gotten distant from most of his friends for whatever reason. But wants to make new friends, would you be turned off by that? doesn't have much of a social life but he is trying.

Most Helpful Girl

• not a turn off at all. Some of the more "engineer" type guys I've known have a small group of friends...I think my brother has 2 from highschool and has refused for 2 years now to make more friends at college...and hmmm I could give quite a few examples of guys I know and think are great guys with few friends. To me its normal. Women were born to social net-work, and men less so.

What IS important however, is why he has no friends. Is it because he's on the computer gaming 6 hours a day? Is it because he's depressed and won't return anyones calls? Is it because his self estime is so low he can't carry on a conversation? These are all bad reasons...but if its because he filled his quota, and he just doesn't need anymore than 2 friends, and life is fine...well then that's a fine reason for me. Or maybe school or work is real busy, but he hopes it will slow down in a year, or maybe he just moved...etc... The WHY is more impotant than the how many.

• He just wants to make new friends because he got bored with the ones he's got. He wants to meet more people and have more friends and bigger partys with more creativity and production not sit around and drink all night and get drunk.

• I would say that decision and the fact that he is ACTING instead of sitting around wishing for different friends is a signt of self respect (he deserves better company), self motivation, and maturity (he is bored of drinking every night). He's making himself more attractive by ditching the freinds, not less.

• I really like your answer, troamundos. Sadly, I am an engineering student in the best engineering school in canada; therefore, so busy with school life. Sometimes, I do not want to look myself in the future.

What Girls Said 4

• Well if the guy is social enough to ask me out, then no it wouldn't be a turn off. I'm not interested in tryin to make friends with my bf's friends.. So I wouldn't mind if he had friends or not. If he doesn't.. Then I guess he'd have to hang out with me more often lol :P

• Speaking from experience having dated a guy who didn't have many friends, I'd be reluctant to do the same again. I have a good circle of friends and he always seemed to be pretty jealous of that, despite my efforts to introduce him etc. I always thought it was a bit odd and quite sad really that nobody really knew him.

On the other hand he did have a lot of Facebook friends but none that lived near him, so he would often sit at home doing nothing. I felt he resented me a bit for going out with the girls and my best friend or occansionally going to see my friends up country.

Bit of a tricky one.

• I wouldn't be turned off by it :) I'd probably just try to get you to meet some of my guy friends and such. It doesn't really matter how many friends a person has, it's the quality of the friends. I've been through periods where I've had a lot of acquaintances but no one I felt close to, I've had lots of friends, and I've had no friends at all. Right now I just have about 3-4 close friends and I'm satisfied with that. It's great you're trying to better your social life. Keep going with it! Get involved in sports or hobbies or programs. It's fantastic to see guys who keep themselves busy and aren't drinking with a bunch of fools every weekend. I started sewing lessons this year and I have met a wonderful bunch of ladies (who are all over 50+ lol!), but we sit down and have morning tea and chat and it's really something I look forward to each week. Trust me, you'll make some new friends soon enough, just keep interested and keep positive! :D Girls will be far more interested in you than how many friends you have.

• Thats really cool sewing lessons! so you must be into fashion? yeah I'm a musician I was in bands but I'm doing a solo artist thing rightnow but I'm thinking of putting an add in the paper to hold some auditions next year and with some of the friends I got left. But that's going to cost time and money which is limited for me at the moment. Its just when I get back on my feet I just want to socialize with great people and get out. Thanks for the push!

• It's not about how many friends a person has, but what kind of people they are. Who he hangs out with is more important than how many people knows. Although who the guy is, is more important than who he knows as well.

What Guys Said 2

• Just because you don't have much of a social life doesn't mean that you don't have other things going. You never have to tell a girl how many friends you have, until they enquire. Just make sure you're doing other co-corricular activities other than her and you should be fine.

• Thanks buddy for the confidence, I should get a good social circle though I think it would help but I have to make do in the meantime know what I mean??

• Dude Id love to give you best answere but this question was for the ladies its good that you answered but I'm wanting to see what they respond to. If I don't get it though than your the man!!!!! But I love the open mic night Idea I'm going to look into that....

• All good mate. As a response to the girl chosen as best answer, the problem wasn't that the guy had no friends, it was that he was very insecure and spent all his free time on her. Those are traits that can belong to any guy, friends or not.

• Not a good reason to avoid dating you. While you may not have friends, if you have a job and a plan for life, I don't see why it's crucial to have many social friends.

• But is not job is a job, and social life is another thing. Do not you need both to live happy?

• A man, there are many couples who are rather content with just themselves and their family members. Case in point, my aunt and her husband have only 4 good friends who they see throughout the year. And the question asker did say he "doesn't have many friends". So you see, you do not entirely need both to be happy.

• A man I do have some friends its just very few now compaired to what I had. Now I want different ones to replace them more friends because my work and school life killed my social circle now that I'm canging careers I need a whole new line of people in my life. Really youd be happy with a rich social life, as I know I would be once I build it back up.