How to date without your parents knowing?

So my parents are crazy over protective. I wanna date but they don't think I'm ready. Apparently "they don't trust me enough bc they think I might get involved with something bad" im in high school and I kno my parents have my best interest in mind but I wanna be a normal teen. Ya kno?

Well look. There is this guy i really like. He's asked me out a few times but I always say I can't bc of my parents.

Most Helpful Guy

• We could have a huge conversation on the definition of ''normal'' but I don't think it will help you. Here's my opinion. Flirt. It's a good start. But you don't really ''need'' to go on a date, or to have a relationship or anything else. Mind the difference between ''need and want".

What Guys Said 6

• i guess if u have stubborn parents things would b difficult basically, unless u might convince em... if u do it in secret though and if in case they learn it... then... oh well... u r done basically

• Dating for the sake of merely dating with the two people not even remotely caring about each other isn't a very good investment at all.

• If they think you can't take care of yourself, perhaps you need to convince them that you can. Then you don't have to work around this problem, as the problem would not exist anymore. Seems the better approach to me!

• Go to the mall and then do what u want

• It doesn't mean they dont trust you , they dont trust others around you

• You are not as nearly as smart as you think you are. Trouble coming your way I would bet. so many get oregnant, hurt, STDs... You are in over your head and just don't know it. can't fix stupid though.

What Girls Said 6

• You don't have to tell them at all. My parents never wanted me to date anyone, and if they ever asked if I was I would say I don't have time for that right now or I'm not really interested in it. And if I ever brought a guy over, I would say he's just my guy friend, why do you always think that every guy I bring home is my boyfriend? Can't I have guy friends? If your parents are okay with gay people say he's gay 😂 worked for me.

• You're playing with fire with this one.

• Girl, I hate to be that person, but just listen to your parents. Teen dating is total shit for the most part. Spend more time developing relationships, so that later on you will know who is worth the effort. Dating takes a lot out of you.

• been there done that. I've had strict parents. don't date secretly. its not right nor normal why hide it? talk to your parents tell them you really want to date maybe your parents will feel better if the boy asks for permission. show your parents you can be trusted slowly they will see that. good luck

• They'll find out...

• Just don't tell em.