Guys, I like wearing a lot of makeup and dressing up to the nines, why does that intimidate you?

I don't mean to sound cocky but I love wearing a lot of makeup and wearing nice clothes. People say that I scare guys away because I seem high maintenance. When really, I don't actually want your money and everything I ever bought, I bought myself.

So why are you intimidated by a girl like that?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Im not! I love a woman who dresses up even if its going to 7-11 lol i can't stand the frumpy 3 day old pony tail pajama look, wear that shit at home dont go out lookin like that! Im not ashamed to admit im a pretty mofo if im steppin out i get a clean shave gel in my hair and clean sometimes pressed clothes i hate the "bum" look lol

What Guys Said 12

• but... but... with lots of make-up on u'll start resembling a cake basically... o_O

• Most guys would figure that you are dressing up for your boyfriend, not for them.
    Or, that you are high maintenance.
    Guys don't know that you are supplying the makeup.
    They know that it is expensive, and don't want to end up paying for it.
    Also, many guys don't like makeup, they figure you are hiding something.
    And nice clothes are expensive, so nobody wants to go near, for fear of spilling or damaging them.

• Due to a lot of factors, the man feels the need to provide things for his woman (including me). So you can see what options you are giving:
    1- Marry a man who can provide this way of life, which I think are less common.
    2- You provide this for your self, and take his "need to provide" from him.
    Some may even think of this a sign of indecency.

• Yes, but it also turns us on. Don't back down, ever. Keep dressing up, but make yourself more approachable by initiating conversation with guys.

• I wouldn't be intimidated at all. Got a lot of friends who wear make up as if its the holy grail (who knows why). It's just a thing girls do for as far as I care.

• honestly, it's probably the high maintenance. Also, i know girls where make up not to look good, but to feel good, but guys honestly prefer when girls dont bathe in make up. Maybe just a dab of blush and a little mascara, but that should be good.

• You bring ur fine ass to ct. Makeup and blow dryers hair straighteners eye liner brazilian wax victoria secret sexy under wear. Bring it all to ct. Where open 24/7

• Pardon my ignorance... but what is CT?

• Even for a foreigner I could understand CT is a state in the US. Maybe its not the 9s dress up or the make up intimidating but your stupidity and lack of education

• @Tormentarian - Hey fuckwit, I KNEW he meant a state in the U. S, I just wanted to know WHICH state that it meant? Lack of education? Oh I am sorry, do you actually know me to assume as such? Go home, you bitter person. You are mad that no woman ever looks at you, or you probably messaged me and I ignored you.

• Makes "us" think that your out of our "league", or perhaps that's just me.

• Just because your friends said that doesn't make it true. I wouldn't go for you because I think makeup especially a lot of it looks like a layer of oil and dirt on your face.

• Im scared of you please dont hurt me

• Well that was my ex done and she did look good and do you :)

• It doesn't intimidate me, it just looks like you have expensive tastes you'll want me to pay for. I don't know you won't want to rinse my credit card, I'm not a mind reader!

• Well maybe you need to give a girl a chance and set your standards higher than going for a "homely" looking girl now. shouldn't you? I am a girl that just wants your company and your time.

• In real life people don't talk like we're talking here do they? It's not a subject you bring up, like a girl doesn't want to start talking to a guy she's interested in and then make the disclaimer that she's not gonna be after his money and a guy isn't gonna say to a girl that it looks as if she spends a lot on her image and that he hopes getting to know her better won't come with a massive bill attached. Personally it's not like I wouldn't talk to you, I'd probably go out of my way to say hello and suss you out.. sometimes you can tell a girl is grounded and sensible and that inspires interest, I like that type of girl. Other times you can tell there's not a lot behind the image, that's not interesting and it's also a clue they operate on a very basic level, like their relationships with guys will just follow the template of gender roles and won't run any deeper.