Long distance relationship? Should we try to make it work?

I'm completely in love with this guy and he feels the same way. We can't get off of each other's minds. One problem. Distance. He lives in Connecticut and I live in Minnesota. We are really great friends but he doesn't really want to do a long distance relationship, but I do... I want to try to make things work... but I have no idea how to even talk to him about the situation were in. Every time I bring up our feelings about each other he tries to get off of the topic. How do I tell him? What do I tell him?

we both tried moving on but we just can't. Everytime we do we just keep coming back to each other. He wants to talk about it now but I just dont know how to say it to him

Most Helpful Guy

• Try. Trying goes both ways. Although if he isn't willing to try then he isn't really all that into you. Personally I would be willing to move half-way across the country (or all of it) to be with the ones I love.

• Basically we dont want to ruin our friendship if we broke up. Thats why he doesn't want to have one... I just dont know how to put all of my feelings out to him.. Like I don't know how to bring it up and put it all out there. What do I say to him?

What Guys Said 4

• I am an ex-victim of a long distance relationship (it worked out for us). I would not recommend it. It requires IMMENSE amounts of trust and patience. In my case, we were able to see eachother every other weekend (because I was desperate enough to spend 12 hours in my car over the weekend). The time inbetween was hell. All you want is to be together, and you can't. They will text you about all the fun they are having when they go to parties etc. and all you can think of is "I wish I could be there with you" and it tears you apart.

It's hell, pretty much.

• we both tried moving on but we just can't. Everytime we do we just keep coming back to each other. He wants to talk about it now but I just dont know how to say it to him

• "Every time I bring up our feelings about each other he tries to get off of the topic." <---- that's a bad sign actually

guess by tellin him "if u change the topic again i'll block u and i'm serious..." he'll b more str8 with his feelings basically ;-)

• if he doesn't want a LDR... then it's up 2 him 2 change his mind basically... there's nothing u can do... sorry :-)

• How much can a person really love you if they don't even want to give it a shot...

What Girls Said 1

• I am actually in a long distance relationship, and believe me it's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, to be in a long distance relationship is very difficult and there are a lot of sacrifices involved, they are full of suffering, I mean you can have good moments, but I don't think they are worth the amount of suffering you go through, so my best advice is don't get into a long distance relationship, unless you can see each other regularly, don't. it's gonna be hard to move on at first but you will, I think it's better to not start because this type of relationships most of the time don't end up well

• Believe me you will both move on eventually, it'd take time, but it isn't impossible even though right now it seems like it