Am I confused? Is it a date?

If a guy picks you up ( and he has to drive like 45 minutes to do so) and insists on paying for things, but its been a couple of dates and no kiss... were those really dates? Were we just hanging out?
I don't want to ask him, because if they are dates it might seem like I'm judging his efforts.
We also have plans to go out again so... advice?
How to get that kiss maybe?

10

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds like dating to me. when you hug him goodbye prolong the hug, stay close to him and make eye contact. you can go for the kiss as well.

What Guys Said 9

• He's just too self-conscious (i. e. inexperienced with women) to read your body language that probably screams "please kiss me now!" Or maybe it doesn't. I wasn't there. Anyway, I'm sure he wants to kiss you but he's afraid you aren't ready to kiss him. If you want to kiss him, just do it.

• "insists on paying for things"

what a puzzy.

• Its a date, he is just too scared to call it one.

• I am with CarnalKoala on this one. Stick close, lean close, keep with the eye contact...
    If he doesn't get it (which i honestly its hard he wont) just kiss him!

• Just keep leaned in close like you're going to kiss. He'll notice eventually :P

• Tell him kiss me. With the straightest most serious face possible. And play it by ear with his reaction.

• Settle the debate, take the kiss and own the moment!!!

• sure. if u want it to be

• lol i dont fucking what a date is. never been in one. i guess he is the same. timing and reading cues and my type of thing... .