Guys, how do you feel if a classmate adds you on Facebook and asks you out on a "date"?

Here is my story in case you want to read it, otherwise you can just answer the question title.

I take this class with this guy in college and I've always been interested on him. I'm super shy to talk to him in person (I have no experience in dating/filrting, not even in talking first to guys I'm interested). However, I'm very interested on him, and I don't want to miss the opportunity to know him better (and maybe something good happens in the future?). As I'm super shy to talk to him in person I've been thinking to add him on Facebook (we have FB group for that class, so yeah), and message him to ask him out to "hang out" / "date".
I really don't want to sound creepy / stalker, so I want to keep my message super short, but I don't know exactly what to say. Besides, he knows my name (and he gets kind of nervous when he is near me/sit together), so I think it's a good point as I wouldn't be the " 'I don't even know who this girl is nor that we had this class together' girl that asked me out"

4

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have to ad someone to your friends list on Facebook To send them a message on there. But honestly I would try talking to him in person the old fashioned way. I can fully understand the apprehension that you have about being female and asking out a male. Therefore, rather than asking him out right away, why don't you start by asking him if he'll walk with you to your next class and talk to you along the way. Or perhaps meet in the cafeteria for something to eat and maybe to compare notes from class? Once you have his attention and company, begin to converse like two friends. Maybe pay him a complement or two while watching for signs that he may be interested. If things start to look up, then look to make some bolder moves towards setting up a date. But truthfully, if you set the stage for him and he likes you, you probably won't have to ask.

What Guys Said 3

• If a girl wanted me to go on a date me. I'll turn her down. I'll let her know we can hang out and get to know each other. Dating for when your more serious with the person. Hanging out is when you searching each other out emotionally, and figure out why you're attracted to them in the first place. So add him on face book and take it slow. Get know where his mind is at, get know him, get to understand what got you two interested in each other and trust. There is no rush.

• If I liked her I would be very happy and if I didn't like her I wouldn't think it was creepy but I'd either politely decline or make sure she knew I was only interested as going as friends

• Well If u r beautiful. Then u can be Straight go ahead n ask him out :D