Why aren't people interested in commitment?

Why does it seem like, with people around my age, that having a commited relationship is going out the window. Honestly, why is it so scary? Why is it more appealing to date and sleep around than stay with one person?

Most Helpful Guy

• because there's no consequences to it in the foreseeable future probably.
    The consequences that'll strike from a promiscuous lifestyle if any is at least a good decade away and by the future value theory , people are myopic and something that far away is not gonna be that much of a value to them in the present.
    www.subjectmoney.com/future%20value%20formula.jpg

So... they sleep around , go in and out of relationship.
    10-20 years later , they settle down.

or maybe not. I'm no sociologist , I'm just a scrub.

What Guys Said 9

• Quick question and this is not from my personal standpoint on all of this by the way ^_^

But why should/would someone want to tie themselves down to 1 person? that doesn't even seem right for us as humans, HENCE why so many damn people these days seem to CHEAT just for the hell of it on ___ even though __ did everything right -_- I'm guessing because it wasn't meant for us (Humans) be that way it seems

i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif

• I don't know its been like that for quite a while in fact. I think it is a combination of a glorification of the hookup culture in the media, and the ridiculously high divorce rate.

Honestly, there is nothing more comforting to me to think of a loving caring woman to share my life with and help me through the good and bad times.

Glad there are some women out there who also think that :)

• I think more and more people are becoming scared of emotional rejection and being hurt. It's almost like a phobic way of thinking, and then that carries into their personal relationships.

I have noticed this too, even with a couple of my friends. Like, they think it's cool or something to not be invested in people.

I'm the type to let people do their thing without judgment, but to be honest I think it's a saddening trend.

• No hate. Just truth. The majority of the people in your age group have grown up in an 'instant gratification' society i. e; face book, text messages, snap chat, internet, etc. Moreover, sites like face book, twitter, etc have groomed the massesmasses (read, not just your age group) to promote self and love self more than others... the result?

They just want to receive a few compliments, conquer someone else, feel good for a little bit, 'appear as though' they care and bounce onto the next ego boost...

Just my opinion...

• Thats how guys are these days. They do everyrhing to win her heart, score her and sump dat milf afterwards. Period. Juz dont give in easily if u dont wanna be one of those victim to fall prey next 👌🏼

• They probably see unsuccessful commitment as a waste of time.

• The only type of relationships I deal with are committed ones.

• I would guess that feeling of heartbreak. plus people follow the trends and get brainwashed by media that it's the way to behave

• Sexual liberation, blame the hippies.

Literally make love

*Sighs*

What Girls Said 7

• For me, I don't fear commitment just because I want to date or sleep around. That's not me. I am a commitmentphobe because I have daddy issues and I have a lot of trust issues. Even with the person that I would like to be with more than anything in the world, I still have commitment issues. I don't know what it is about committing, but it scares the shit out of me. There is one person that I would love nothing more than to be in a committed relationship with, but I still am very uncomfortable with the idea. With him, though, I know we could make it work.

• Times have changed, I feel that most people nowadays prefer casual sex or just dating as opposed to settling down or being in any sort of commitment with someone. It sucks really

• I don't know, I know some people that just try and go around and hook up with people... but for me that doesn't sound like fun, it sounds like STDs. I would love to find a person who shares my interests as well as peeks my interest and have a nice long relationship with them, but so far the wait just keeps getting longer lol

• Their needs are more sexual than emotional.

• Wish I knew. I do think sleeping with one person only is nice. But I wouldn't wanna get married too early.

• I have no idea :/

Maybe they need more sex than love? And it's like a damn norm right now so many people do that kind of thing :/

• Some people prefer lusts over love, however I personally prefer love or commitment.