How can I gain confidence in myself when it comes to attracting Women?

I've been told that I am good looking, but I don't see it for some reason. People used to make fun of me in elementary and middle school so when I entered High School I had a really low self- esteem. I still do unfortunetly. I try hard to be confident when I'm around the Women I find attractive, but it freaks me out to be honest. Just need some advice on how to get my confidence up.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need figure out what are your goals for yourself in life and work towards getting them. Don't let others tell you whether you're a failure or not because they are judging you by their standards. But their standards are not yours. Maybe by what you think is important in life they'd actually be considered the loser. Just work on self improvement. You do that your chances with women should increase. However, no matter how hard you work at it there is a substantial amount of pure luck in the dating world. Some people just don't have the cards.

What Girls Said 2

• Think you're the shit, act like you're the shit, voilĂ 

• You just need to be yourself, when being around women just act like you would around your guy friends, and just be open. There is no special trick, it just means you haven't found the right girl yet.

What Guys Said 2

• Practice, practice, practice.

• The short version:
    1. Thou shalt not put women on a pedestal. It reads weak. The art of seduction is being able to have them believe that they were the one who wanted you all along.
    2. Thou shalt not treat rejection as failure. The only thing that has failed here is your attitude. Rejection is a triumph. You are one quest closer to the final boss -and you've gained some experience out of it too. Trust me, when you do find someone who is right for you, you much rather be the guy who was rejected 100 times than the one whose never even risked rejection.
    3. Thou shalt not take rejection personally. There are a myriad of reasons for why someone would turn you down... More often than not though, they have nothing to do with you at all. (The only reason you do take it personally is because the build-up of anxiety (due to failure of practicing numbers 1&2) makes you feel like you have taken center stage, so any mishap has the potential to be devastating to the self. Which means it also has the potential not to.