Why are people who are beautiful always claiming "looks don't matter"?

When they are the first one's to reject someone right off the bat based on their looks simply because they are not as good looking or in their league or because they know they have better options physically? I don't get it, you see it all the time all these female and male models/famous people (Off the top of my head - Julia Kelly, Liane V, Ronnie Banks, etc) saying "What's on the outside doesn't matter" or something similar but the main reason they're famous or popular is because of how they look lmao. You NEVER hear an ugly person saying looks do not matter.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the majority of people that I've talked to or people that have approached me at random have told me that I am a beautiful young girl, so I'm guessing I'm attractive. As a "beautiful" person, I have always been attracted to guys that many people think aren't good enough for me simply because I am, to them, considered better looking and therefore should be with someone that is as good looking as me. I truly don't care much for looks. Of course, I do have to be attracted to the person, but looks aren't what I go for. Personality is, though. I have strong feelings for a guy who is chubby and has a teddy bear look about him, but many of my family and friends think I could do way better and don't understand what I see in him. I find him extremely attractive though and very sexy. I honestly am all about the personality and not so much about the looks. He makes ME feel beautiful even when I feel I am not. He doesn't make me feel insecure and to me, him giving me that feeling and is more important than the excess weight that resides on his stomach.

What Girls Said 3

• why wouldn't they say looks aren't everything if they already have the looks. I mean when you grow old not everyone ages gracefully. I feel like they say it to make themselves seem like they care about personality. But in reality they take so much care of their own physical opinion.

• I know right? I mean it's pretty annoying when I hear a guy who KNOWS he's getting girls and publicity because of how he looks (or a girl) saying that they don't matter lmao

• It doesn't matter she's really pretty (I don't think her body is amazing, but her face is clearly a 10 and any guy who disagrees is trying to sound like they have standards but everyone and their mother knows if she asked to have sex with a guy who has rated her a 1 he would say yes).

• Well obviously guys have two heads & think with the wrong one sometimes. Don't mean to make anyone feel uncomfortable but it's human nature.

• What they mean by that is that you don't have to be a model looking guy but your general image is what matters. How you smell, nails, your moves, how you talk etc. So it's a mix of personality too.
    Why the beautiful say it? No idea. I don't think it's true. Maybe it's because you only talk to beautiful girls?

• When being beautiful on the outside and being famous for it you always hear how amazing looking you are. Not how smart you are or a great personality. You are judged with your face. So when beautiful people (which we all are beautiful) say they looks don't matter to them it really doesn't. Looks isn't a way of their judgement on people. They want to know you for you.

What Guys Said 3

• Because they take their looks for granted. Looks do matter.

• They're just being stupid of course looks matter at least on some level. Everyone knows this.

• the world lies beauty does matter don't u ever forget it