If you fell in love with someone and then found out they were transgender, would you stay with them?

I would stay with them. The reason being I love them for the person they are not whaf is between their legs.

Most Helpful Girl

• IF I were to fall in love with someone..

I wouldn't let something so... trivial... stop me.

• I don't think physical sexual incompatibility is "trivial". I would like my partner to have a vagina, just like how any heterosexual female could expect their partner to have a functional penis.

• I mean, that is the only scenario in which that makes sense on the long term.

• @Mesonfielde, I don't normally call myself bi-sexual, no.

But one of the best relationships I've had, was with another woman.

But I just sorta fell into that.

I didn't look at her, like I look at guys. The relationship developed differently.

Even now, we're both back with guys.

What Girls Said 8

• I wouldn't stay with them. It would be weird and I would be always thinking that once he was like me.

And how would I found out? Through other people? Through him?

If it was trough other people, I would be leave this person because he lied to me.
    If it was trough him, I also would leave him because I would feel uncomfortable and deceived.

• Yikes.. that sounds scary...

• I would feel like the lied to me. They were not being honest about something so important. It is like if I found out a man was married.

• I might continue to love them, but I wouldn't stay with them. Deep down, I would feel like I was misled.

• If they were a guy and he was a trans guy than yeah although I would want them to get one of the surgeries to change what's down there, but if I knew them first as a guy and they are a trans girl then no, because I'm not a lesbian and I don't like women at all, the person I met would not be the person they are.

• The fake genitals won't be like the real one. It is an imitation.

• But is it erect?

• @Mesonfielde depends on what they get but with more intensive one they use the same thing as guys ED.

• I wouldn't mind but that 'guy' must look masculine.

• Yeah. That would be weird not to. "We love people because of some things, and in spite of others"

• You do realize that you could both be talking about a male who looks like a girl, and a female who looks like a guy, right? I think it is weird people dismiss physical sexual compatibility so easily. I would never date someone who has a penis, whether they claim to be female or not.

• I don't really consider pansexual a valid thing because Chrome underlines it as an invalid word, and also because I am a heterosexual with respect to biological sex, and otherwise to me gender is irrelevant, and as such am applying this definition set instead. In which case "bi" means someone interested in both "males" and "females"

• Male, females, trams, hermaphrodite, and other intersex people

• That would be a hard pill to swallow. I can't say that I would to be honest...

What Guys Said 11

• I couldn't date anyone besides a biologically born female who is straight and identifies as a biologically born female. Which is a really long way to say "normal". I should have just said that.

• I love your views, but you need not worry as I am also interested exclusively in biological females in terms of sexual attraction. :p

• No I wouldn't stay with them. That's a huge lie to spring on someone. If you're trans, your partner has a right to know from day one

• Transgender? That depends on which sex they are. I am interested only in biological females. Otherwise, I don't really care about this gender stuff, I care about behavior and values. Although this whole "transgender" concept is inherently sexist as it attributes certain elements of behavior to one's sex and thus supports stereotypical thinking, so I am not sure if we would be on the same page.

• No, I'd give them Bruce Jenner's phone number.

• No.

It would mean they were lying about something pretty fundamental from the very beginning. Trust is broken at that point, and there is no relationship without trust.

• no because that would mean they lied to me about who they are. Why would i want to be with someone whos plan was to trick me? I can find someone else to love, love comes around in life more than once

• I would have a wide open stare for about two weeks

• No i would not cause i dont want anything being put in my butt... Oh helll nooo!!

• Probably not, things like that are a deal breaker for me.

• No sorry... I will run away

• I'm not sure tbh I mean I would be a little weirded out even though I might still love the person and maybe I would accept the fact that the person is trans gender for example I had to get my leg amputated last year and its not like my girlfriend would say I can't be with you because your missing a leg right so I think I would accept the fact that the person used to be another sex and if you really do want to be with that person then go for it