If someone is 14 and 18 year old likes them and they like them back is that weird if they want to date? is the age to different?

nothing with sex is part of this he's not like that

Most Helpful Guy

• not really. i dated a 14 year old when i was 18 and i got teased for it a bit by my friends but nothing bad really came about because of our age difference.

What Guys Said 4

• Well, they say with laws that age is only a 4 year difference
    but the 18 year old is adult so that could be little of problem
    i was in school and age 17 going on 18 and had crush on
    cheerleader who was age 14 -15 years old but nothing
    came out of that one but if it was age 16 and 18 would
    be different.

• I personally think the ages are too different, but it might work for some folk

• 18 is way too old for a 14 year old. Plus, it's illegal in many states.

• Its okay. The older you get the less you care about age.

What Girls Said 5

• It's okay by technicality if you want to date, but you can't have sex since you're considered a minor and he's considered an adult. If you have sex they will be facing statutory rape charges if anyone finds out.

I don't recommend a child dates anyone who is legally considered an adult.

• Personally, I think that age gap is too different at that point in your lives. It's like an 8th grader dating a senior in High School. There is just so many different things going on in each of their lives it is hard to mesh them together. If it is an 20 year old and a 24 year old that's a different story, but at such a young age I would say the age difference is conflicting.

• You could date but he'd be charged with statutory rape since he is 18 and a legal adult. You'd mess up his life if you did anything.

• Its okay to like them I guess. But dating is not appropriate at all.

• why not and will it ever be appropriate?

• people are different so I think its fine but thanks any ways

• Yeahh okay :s

• No it is not appropriate. 14 is a minor, and 18 is pretty much an adult. It will be okay when the younger kid is like 18 and the other is 24.