When do girls insist on splitting the bills on first date?

Generally, it is sometimes believed, that girls usually insist more to split the bills, when they know that they won't go out with that guy again.

They do it, so that the guys don't think that they used him for free meal.

What's your views?

Girls question, but guys may also express their views.

'Offering' to split bills is a good gesture, but i think insisting to split bills is something fishy.

So should it be considered a green flag or red flag?

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer to pay it if less than 100$ lol compare have to split the bill.

• Sorry? ?

• ana... lets get out... drunk til morning :*

What Girls Said 6

• I am usually able to pay for my share, and it has nothing to do if I like the guy or not (or want to/not want to see him again). I don't know about others, but I don't like receiving gifts or having others pay for me, it makes me uncomfortable. I don't expect the guy to pay for me. If it's my birthday or something, that's different.

• But to be honest, it's a man's job to pay for the dates most of the time.

• I would def offer, but it would impress me if a guy refused me from doing it. But I wouldn't do it just because I don't want to see him again.

I don't know about other girls but if a guy paid every time I went out with him I would feel really special xD but if he doesn't have all the time it that's ok. But it doesn't need to be all the time.

I didn't think insisting was fishy but you never know with people.

• Agreed, the guy should pay most of the time, but its a better idea to offer to split the bills if they are high.

• Yes definitely

• I am only 18, and haven't gone on a ton of dates, but I would suggest splitting the bill for sure. Because I had a job and made good money and can buy my own stuff. It wouldn't mean that I wouldn't want to go out with him again though. But then again I am not sure if this is helpful because I am younger.

• That's actually sensible opinion, because you will learn a lot new things from experience (good & bad).

I personally did not have good experiences with girls who paid their own share, so did my friends. That's why i am curious.

I believe under 18 people should split bills.

• I'm more likely to offer to pay half or the full bill if I am enjoying his company. Some dates feel like labor, I don't pay when I know I won't contact him again.

• Fair enough, makes sense.

• Generally so men don't feel they're entitled to our time and bodies.

• I only offer to split the bill because it's a nice thing to do. I'm not going to expect the guy to pay for me.

• That's great. But i believe a guy would pay 75% of the time.

What Guys Said 4

• If a girl insisted on splitting the bill with me on the first date, I'd assume there won't be a 2nd one. When she pays her own way, that tells me that she is only out with me just to hang out and we weren't even on a date in the first place. Hello friend-zone.

• Yeah exactly. That's what me and my friends learnt from past encounters.

• No bills! I make her dinner in my tent!

• Share the recipe book, i am too bad cook!

• Let them split it.

• I'm glad. Then, there's no expectation on either side.