I am sexually attracted to my best friend?

The title says it all, I'm attracted to my best friend but I don't really like him in a romantc way. I mean I sometimes want to have sex with him, but not date him... We were cuddling last night and I just wanted to kiss him so badly but I couldn't picture myself dating him. What is this and what do I do? God I'm so confused...

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl, been there, done that. I love my best friend dearly, but am not interested in dating him. We've made out, I've given him a blowjob and he's eaten me out and we've had sex before. I actually lost my virginity to him. He got a girlfriend soon after, but we are still very close. No one knows about all the sexual stuff we've done. Having sex changed nothing between us. He's still just my best friend. We still joke around and talk about our crushes with each other and comfort each other when we're upset. I'm very protective of him as well as he is of me. We've cuddled and held hands and stuff, but I was never interested in dating him. Maybe tell him how you feel? There's no shame in having some sexual desires for him and there's nothing wrong with wanting to explore a sexual relationship with him. If he's not into it, then that's fine, but you never know if you don't ask.

• Thank you so much I really needed this hah I guess I should really try and talk to him...

• I hope it all works out and I'm glad I could be of service. LoL, I was going through the same thing you are right now. I don't even know how the conversation between my best friend and I came about, but we were both okay with our arrangement. I didn't get attached to him romantically after having sex with him at all. Sometimes I actually forget that we did, haha. Thanks for MHO, too! 8)

• Haha you're welcome it was what I needed. I'm glad it all worked out ok between the two of you and hopefully it will be the same for us

What Guys Said 8

• Need more information? What experience do you have with romantic relationships? Physical relationships? How does he respond to you?

• I had just one boyfriend and I now I like this other guy but my bff just attracts me i don't know and I'm still a virgin so friends with benefits freaks me out a bit tbh hahs. Well he thinks I'm pretty and I heard him commenting with his friends that I'm hot but I don't think he likes me that way either.

• I think so, but we're both virgins and we taled about sex and he said that he wanted hs first time to be with someone he cared about so I don't know if he meant a girlfriend

• I know how you can find out the answer to that question!

• Why do you in no way see yourself dating him?

• Because we've been best friends for the longest time and I know everything about him and we've been through a lot so it'd just be weird. I don't know I guess his personality is not my type

• Well he's like a brother to me even though he's gotten really fit the last few months which is why I find him attractive but not really like him hahah I don't know. He's too passionate and he has a strong temper and I like my guys more calm and pacient. He gets too emotional and attached and used to get quite possesive over his gfs and I really do like my freedom in a relationship, don't get me wrong I would never ever cheat bc I find it disgusting but I do like my freedom and I can get quite emotionless and cold i mean we're completely different and it would never work

• Honestly, sometimes opposites attract ;) Well, I think it would be best to see how he feels as well. Let him be completely honest, and you be completely honest. However you move forward just be aware that feeling change.

• Even though he's your friend you're still human.
    You're sexually attracted to him, and that's all it'll be unless you choose to peruse it in one way or another

• Yeah, I've been trying to reassure myself it's normal but I don't know what to think anymore haha thanks

• Be up front with him. Tell him your feelings then have a wonderful sexual time.

• just say want to fuck? as friends. Sorted!

• And if we're both virgins? Haha

• Say do you want to kiss me for fun? Best advice, just say can i suck you off xD and then just play around. Experimenting with a friend is awsome, because its not like it has to be all "lovey" or anything else. Just have fun! :)

• I'm already feeling nervous hahah I'll think about it thanks

• Go with your instinct

• If you want to have sex with him and you're already cuddling just try to put your or his hand on yours his good and tell him you wanna get laid no strings attached and get it off your system

• Wouldn't it ruin our friendship I mean it'd be pretty weird considering the fact that we've been best friends for 10 years

• Oh okay haha I'm such a virgin this is hilarious

• hey thats why were here to help you :)

• ask him to be friends with benefits

• I forgot to mention I'm a virgin and we've been friends for the longest time so I think it'd be pretty awkward

• then ask to just be like oral friends with benefits . and dont worry I think he would accept

What Girls Said 2

• tell him about it and sort it out

• I have had a sex a couple of times with one of my best male friends. We are fine. We are still best friends and we talk about a lot of stuff. We established that we had sex because it was a physical need and we were both lonely. But we have established that it is for fun.