He works at McDonald's?

I Feel horrible for even asking this question but the guy I just started seeing told me he works at McDonald's and it turned me off him a little. I really do feel like the worse person in the world for being so judgmental I didn't even think I was that type of person. Should I just give him a chance and get to know him?

Most Helpful Girl

• sure get to know him i mean a jobs a job these days. i feel you though mcdonalds is a total turn off i can't even step foot in there and apply... f that.

What Guys Said 22

• At least he has a job. Relax, I'm sure he hates working there too.

• At the height of my military career I was making over 4k a month, and I was single. I had a great life, but whenever I was stationed somewhere new, I'd get a second job usually at a restaurant or retail to make even more money.

Whenever I would go out and meet girls I'd only tell them I worked at the second job to gauge how they reacted. Some women were turned off, but others would give me a chance and weren't judgmental. Those were the women I spent my money and time on: I drove them around, took them to nice restaurants, and let them sleep at my place, made them food in the morning etc.

I'm not going to waste my resources on someone that isn't genuine.

• It wouldn't just be about his money, it's also the fact he clearly has not real ambition in life if Mcd's is where he wants to stay. There is a big difference between a student that works at a fast food restaurant part time and a 25+year old guy who works there full time and does nothing else.

• @singlebee in what scenario

If I was dating the guy I'd find out why he works there. And if you actually read what I wrote (which clearly you didn't) I said if that where he's happy and wants to stay I'm not interested.
      Nothing wrong with wanting a man as equally accomplished as me.
      And it seems as though you're talking all this pretty personally, sorry you didn't quite make it in life so far ;).

• Make it in life... hahaha i am motion graphics/VFX designer... With a very good salary already at this age already... I dont work in MacDonald...

You know nothing about me...

• Give him a chance. People take jobs for all kinds of reasons. More important than where he works is whether he is a good employee and how he relates to others on his work team and how he treats customers.

• Then help him get a better job. Wait, you'll find that a little easier said than done within time now won't you? Be happy that he actually has a job, and that isn't some jobless bum. He's trying to earn some income and gain experience, isn't that enough? He may have goals that he's pursuing in college or something of the sort, but you'll never know if you don't give him a chance.

• don't worry ur not any better

• Where do you work?

• I work part time as a teller in a bank and I am doing a degree in business and language. I know I have a good career set but I am also 3 years older than him so maybe I am being hard on him.

• He is doing a degree in business aswell its my friends I am worried about the most because I know they are a little stuck up and they will stay something to hurt his feelings.

• Ah, so you care more about what your friends think than what you think. You shouldn't be with him, he shouldn't have to be under that pressure.

• Yes, you should give him a chance and get to know him. If he has no plans to remain at McDonald's, then definitely get to know him. It shows that he has plans for his life. Working at McDonald's for your entire adult life is pathetic. But working there temporarily is not pathetic if it's a starting point to a better career. At least he has a job, and is willing to work, unlike other people who abuse the unemployment/welfare system.

• No one cares.

• MHO right here. You're lookin' funny deez dayz dow. Can't put my finger on it...

• Get to know him.

I mean, its probably only temporary, and if his ambitions are to work up the corporate ladder then that's totally different lol

• As long as it's temporary I don't think it's a problem.

• A job is a job
    the economy is utter shit.

• I would give him a chance. You shouldn't judge someone so much on what job they have

• why is that a turn offf?

• His job sucks, a guy who works at McDonald's isn't attractive. It is what it is.

• Wow... your shallowness level is like a 100!!!
    Fucking gold digger... Just leave him alone.. and go and sit on some rich Guy's dick... That's what you want anyways!! PATHETIC!

• Dont give him a chance find someone better it won't work if you don't have respect for him.

• Yeah that's pretty judgmental. A lot of famous people started by working at McDonalds...

James Franco

But, at least he has a job.

What do you do?

• The least you could do is encourage him to look for a better job while he's working at Micky D's.

• And then women act like men are the ones with issues for not approaching more successful women. lol Clearly status is important to you. Don't feel bad it is important for a lot of women, at least now you won't lie to yourself and pretend you only care about what type of person the guy is. It may be "shallow" but the truth is every type of trait that we are attracted to is what is now considered shallow. It is the same reason women want educated men. Being educated, even if you have the same job as someone else grants you a certain level of status.

I think you should let this guy go, not because he isn't worth it, but because he deserves a woman that is going to give him the respect he deserves. You won't be happy with him, and as a result you will end up making him unhappy. Instead find a guy with a type of job you can respect. It will be tougher because lots of women are fighting hard for those guys, but that is just the nature of going after the most popular characteristics in a mate.

• Girls what's so wrong with that? Ghosh at least he's got a job.

• but yeah McDonalds suxs (fast food)

• Does he smoke the marijuana?

• No I wouldn't go there either tbh.

• Damn what happened with women not caring about the guy's s money or job fr

What Girls Said 22

• Looking at your age bracket... give him a chance.

I work at BK. Is it my forever job? No, but at least I have a job in this economy.

• Why do you care where he works? Are you planning on getting married or something? If not, why would his job be a concern for you?

See, this is why there's so many single people in the world because people just toss perfectly good people away because of stupid things that don't actually matter. It's just a job, a job that he's lucky to have. I look for jobs everyday and there very hard to come by and the requirements can be pretty crazy, especially since most of the jobs could be done by a monkey. So, just be glad he has a job and don't make him feel like he's not worth your time because he works at McDonalds. Besides, if you let him go over this. You might regret it, because he could be a totally awesome person and you'd miss out on that chance to be with him just because HIS job wasn't to YOUR liking. You wouldn't want that, would you?

• You should give him a chance, because his job doesn't define him. He, an employee of McDonalds, could treat you better than the CEO of a company. And at least he is putting effort into being a productive citizen.

• Yeah, just give him a chance.

• Um.. I would feel the same way. You can't change who you are and you will always feel like you don't like his job so don't even try

• @he works at McDonald's and it turned me off him a little
    Will it turn you off IF it is your father or brother working at McDonalds? : )

I remember some time ago a guy posted a question on here asking if he should dump his girlfriend because she has put on weight.
    And in my mind I was thinking if he would disown his mother or sister if they put on weight.

Sorry for my answer, this is how I think things. Hope you don't mind : )

• But my father or brothers would never work at McDonalds because they have careers so I would never be able to put myself in that situation to think that way cause it would never happen.

• As long as he's working it shouldn't matter what he does, a job is just a job in my opinion, it doesn't define a person.

• No, skip him for a guy at Taco Bell. I kid, I kid. But, give him a chance try to ignore the fact he does.

• It shows that he's willing to take a menial job, instead of being picky. I don't see it as an issue.

• Yes don't be shallow. Everyone has to start from somwwhere. Give it a go! You might just be surprised :) Good luck!

• you should get to know him, he is working and that is something good. at least he is not a guy who does nothing.

• If he has plans for a different career I would calm down and relax. Personally, I don't think he would like that job and if he wants it to be more of a career than a job, then I would want to get away. I can't stand going to McDonald's at the least

• A job is a job and I'd say just go for it and see what happens. You never really know until you try it out

• Plot twist: he works as an engineer at McDonald's headquarters.

• Is he in college? He could just be trying to pay off loans. He has a job though, and if you really like him it shouldn't matter what job he has, as long as he does have something to fall on. He probably doesn't like working there anyways

• You should be happy he has a job, jesus.

• As long as he is getting money, it shouldn't be a problem. Just don't go to McDonald's

• I'd give him a chance if he's young and just getting through college

• I guess it depends on his age and if he has plans for the future

• He's young, though. I'd give him a chance. Ask if he's going to college, or has some other type of future goals/plans.

• It really depends on the circumstances. If he's at uni or just graduated and trying to find a better job, then give him a chance. If he's planning on staying there forever then don't bother.

• He is doing a degree in business the same as me but I am three years older than him so I already have a good job and its weird for me personally being with someone who is lower paid than I am.

• What were you doing when you were at uni? Were you working? How did you earn your money?

If he's 3 years younger then you, you can't really hold him to the same standards you hold for yourself now.

• @asker - exactly he Is 3 years younger than you... how can you even think like that... You are not just shallow but also brainless and dumb

• Well how old is he? Its just a quick job for money.. Noooowwwww its not a career.. So he beat not be too old, unless... he's the manager or a higher up for MCD.

• He is 22 I am turning 25 so there is a little age difference. He asked me not to judge him when he told me where he worked so I feel even worse.

• Aww that's cute, yeah sounds like an in between job not a career move, hey we all gotta Starr somewhere. At least he's building valuable food industry experience and that can work in his favor if he goes business route!