Am I screwing up my dating life?

I sent a thank you text after a hang out date. And I know it was stupid and I shouldn't have. I want the guy to want me with out me comeing across desperate. I want a guy to want to chase me. I have only hung out with him for the third time. I think he is cool. He asked me to. come sit by him. And held my hand. We just chilled. Is there any way to rectify the mistake once made? Could he have lost interest and think less of me?

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to calm down. Freaking out about pleasing a guy that badly is going to turn off guys way faster than sending a thank you text after a date. A thank you text is appreciated, and seen as a kind gesture. It doesn't come across as desperate. Excessively worrying about whether or not every little thing you do is going to be 'right' for a guy DOES come across as desperate though, and that's what will sabotage the relationship. Subverting your own personality to try and make it perfect for the guy is a disastrous plan. It never works, because eventually you will need to start acting like yourself again, and you will be exposed for being emotionally dishonest all that time.

You are trying to find a partnership. That means you both have to be into it, you both have to have your emotional needs met. Subverting yourself to impress him is not a partnership proposition, and you will be building a foundation on sand. Calm down, relax, don't worry so much. If he likes you, he will like you. Just don't spaz out and you'll be fine. He won't lose interest because you were polite. Unless he is a huge, throbbing asshole.

What Guys Said 4

• A mistake? What?

Saying "Thank you" is never a mistake. Seriously, who in the hell would read a "thank you" as desperate? What kind of a human being would think less of someone for saying thank you? Has society really come to this? Or are you just over-analyzing things? The latter. Definitely over=analyzing.

• Stop thinking. Just stop it.

• So what mistake did you make? I don't know doesn't really sound desperate to me. How long has it been since you sent the text.

• What's going to mess things up is the bout of insecurity you're experiencing. Chill out, relax.

What Girls Said 3

• How's that a mistake? It's not gonna ruin anything you didn't even do anything wrong.

• I often send a thank u text after a date to thank them for dinner or taking me out or even for the nice time we had. I don't think there is anything wrong with that it shows you had a good time and would like to go out again. Unless you specifically said thank u for going out with me then that's weird. Don't stress if if he likes you hell keep asking you out.

• I don't think what you did comes off as desperate. If he likes you he'll be happy to read that text.