How in the hell do you hug a shorter person?

I'm 5.8 and she reaches me around my neck, I have no idea where to put my hands if I'm going in for a hug. Do I just put my hands around her waist and she'll reach up?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm. I never thought about it. It just comes naturally for my boyfriend when he hugs me. I am shorter and I reach up around his neck. His hands are usually around my waist, just above or on my bum or his arms will be up and on my head and in my hair holding me to his chest (if he is not kissing me).

What Girls Said 6

• lol is it really that complicated?

• that's kinda mean lol. just bend over

• Bend a little and grab her tight. Little people are used to being lifted slightly for good hugs.

• if she reaches up around your neck, you bend or squat or whatever is comfortable and hug around her waist. if she reaches around her waist, you do the over hug then

• You bend over or lift her up

• I don't know what's up with people saying you need to bend over?
    like just let her wrap her arms around you, put your arms around her waist. that doesn't require bending over at all or anything fancy.

What Guys Said 3

• Her arms go around your torso, yours go above hers around her upper back/shoulder area.

Or, you pick her up, place her on top of a curb, and have yourself an eye-to-eye hugfest.

• You have to bend over

• You pick them up :)