Who on here has high standards for a potential partner?

Can you name some criterions that come into your mind when you think of this matter?

Also, do you think you need to meet a high standard regarding looks in order to demand the same from someone else?

Please answer precisely , I'm trying to figure something out for myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do. She must be perfect!!!

But seriously, as someone on here once pointed out when I listed qualities I was looking for in a partner: I described a female version of myself, but more socially competent and outgoing.

So I, for the most part, don't hold anyone to standards that I don't think I meet myself. I do happen to think very highly of myself and what I have to offer, so in that sense I expect a lot in return. I actually don't believe that woman exists, and even if she did she'd be rare enough that I could waste my life looking for her. Rather than settle for someone who doesn't live up to my standards, I'd rather concentrate on the other things in life that make me happy.

I have standards, variously defined, for intelligence, communication skills, decision-making, loyalty, drama, life goals, and certain tastes and interests. For example, I could never be with someone who thought sports were stupid. In terms of looks, I wouldn't want to be with someone I didn't find attractive enough to want to be physically intimate with, and I would expect the same from my partner. Where that specifically falls on the 1-10 scale doesn't really matter.

What Girls Said 6

• I think I generally have pretty high standards... But that depends sometimes.

• Can you name criterions?

• Style.. Some sort of type. Hygiene, Generally fit, meaning not overweight. I don't need him to be like Beckman, but in good shape... And I can think of others

• I've got high standards, but I don't ask for anything I can't do/don't have myself. Yeah I think you should be equal in your demands.

• My standards have very little to do with looks, if any at all, other than good hygiene. If they feel they are too good for me, I do not want someone like that as a partner in the first place.

• As long as I am turned on by them, anyone else's opinion isn't relevant. I tend to like quieter men with good social sense.

• I would but i meet cool guys all the time that i end up not caring about standards everyone has imperfections and i do too so i guess i just go with the flow

• I believe everyone should have standards, if you don't then you would just be settling for anyone

The things i look for when talking to a guy is : Does he have a sense of humour, does he have a certain amount of humility as opposed to being arrogant, does he listen to what i have to say too. I also take notice to see if he asks about me or not- does he really want to know who i am as a person.

These will determine if i want to continue getting to know him more.

What Guys Said 7

• I would prefer a woman with at least 3-4 years college experience seeing as though I sport the same at this point, race isn't an issue with me as I've dated the color spectrum and have no real preference. I like girly girls who enjoy getting dressed up and going out looking nice and such. As far as physical appearance I actually prefer tall girls who are slender because I'm tall myself and dating a girl who is too short makes it feel too diminutive and like she's a kid. Culturally I don't care, whatever music she listens to and her beliefs, fashion, whatever doesn't matter as long as she pulls off her own style well. Lastly she's got to be able to get along well with my family. Note that in my life I have two different levels of friendship. Family and acquaintances, after I've known you long enough you become family as most of my friends I have been friends with for like 9 to 10 years, they are now family to me. Every one else is an acquaintance as the word "friend" over used in my opinion. But yeah, she's gonna see these family members a lot sink would prefer she got along with them.

• I try not to put too much high standards on looks. Of course, don't get me wrong, looks do matter, but I can't be too picky on one aspect of a person. I'm more concerned about compatibility and attraction from the other person. There isn't a bigger turn on than a girl being attracted back to me. I assume others have their standards, and I do my best to develop and work on building attractive qualities to offer back.

• True, boss, so true !

• I'd say my standards are pretty responsible to be honest.

• Name criterions !

• Educated, education to me is very attractive and I like being intellectually stimulated seeing how I love history, and I paint classically and write among other things. Or you could just give me a puzzle I like solving mysteries lol.

Decent looking at least average.

Healthy and fit, I am a bit of a health nut I bodybuild and do martial arts almost religiously 5 days a week for bodybuilding and 3 days a week for martial arts.

Wife and mother material, as marriage and kids is one of the few reasons I court to begin with.

Can stop and smell the roses, you know put life on hold and enjoy the simpler pleasures on life every once in a while.

Christian

Those are my must haves

These are my preferred

Old fashioned

Artistic as in a painter and I mean an actual painter as in classical oil painting and real art, not that modern art, and or a writer or poet, since I am both a classical oil painter and a poet myself it would help have common ground.

• I mostly care about looks to be honest lol I feel so shallow saying that... I'd like a slim healthy girl. Long dark brown hair. Good healthy skin (I pay attention to that...) Reasonably nice face and body. Taller than me but not way taller..
    I prefer girls in their late twenties and I'm waiting till I'm in that age too.

Also just cultured and well behaved lady like. The rest of her passions and personalities or beliefs I'm not too picky about..

• Yes: Same faith/world view/politics. I have to find her physically attractive. She must be low maintenance and eager to join me in many different ventures.

• She has to be from the same ethnic background or else I wouldn't date her. I wouldn't call that a high standard though.

• I don't really have high standards when it comes to looks but more of how the girl is and what she's done