Would you date a guy two years younger than you as teenagers?

I think it's kind of obvious when people get into their twenties a small age difference like that won't matter but what about an 18 year old girl and a 16 year old boy? is that weird?

Updates:
Same with 17 year old girl / 15 year old boy
16 year old girl / 14 year old boy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If he is mature enough, the number doesn't count. On average though I like guys who are older but I wouldn't mind making an exception :) also wouldn't mind other couples that way.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 20

• I wouldn't mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was 18 a 15 year old was extremely interested in me. I felt like a predator even though I would never have given him a chance just because it felt so weird and wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • The boy would have to be pretty special... I mean amazing personality and looks because I would normally only date a guy 1 year younger than me.

I personally prefer guys 1-3 years older than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. Likely too immature.

0|0
    0|0
  • A year yes, two is kind of pushing it. If both people are over 18 then, its fine. But 12year old with a 14 year old? I don't know.. :/

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't have at that age

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I don't see why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he repeated the school year and still went to the same school as her, not weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 14 and i would not date a 12 year old. However, at 18 and 16 i think it's alright. When my sister was 18 she dated a 17 year old for 3 years. He ended up being a dick, but still. As long as he's mature, i don't see anything wrong with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been told i look younger than my age but nope i wouldn't unless i didn't know

0|0
    0|0
  • I want the guy to be older.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as it's not a 14 yr old dating a 12 year old ( that's a little odd), it's fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I didn't like that as a teenager

0|0
    0|0
  • probably not i don't really go lower than 1 year unless i really liked him

0|0
    0|0
  • i find it that if you were a boy dating girl 2 years younger it'd be more appropriate. whereas is you date younger guys they're often rather immature

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not that weird if you both have feelings for eachother then go for it☺️

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure! why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's definitely a bit of a large gap when you are in your earlier teens, like a 15 y/o girl dating a 13 y/o guy just because girls mature faster than guys in the early teens, and there is SUCH a big difference between the teen years because we grow so much and mature so fast in a short period of time that a 2 year gap in your teens seems like a lot but in your 20s/ 30s it would be very normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • No most likely not. As teenagers, girls mature faster than boys their own age, so dating younger would just further increase the disparity in level of maturity

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it kind of it. Maybe if it was like 30 and 28, it wouldn't make much of a difference. But 18 year olds are taken as adults where as 16 year olds aren't. So yeah. It sounds more like pedofying.

0|0
    0|0
    • So you're saying it's okay for a 17 year old to date a 15 year old but an 18 year old can't date a 16 year old?

• One year differences would've been better.. But hey, age is just a number, if you guys are okay with it then just don't bother about what others say. :D

• Well the difference is actually only a year and four months but I figured two years was technically the difference. Thank you