Would you date a 30 year old?

I was focused on school and then work for years. Then one day I was like "Oh snap! I'm 30." and realized I haven't really dated much. Time has definitely gotten away from me, but I might be ready to date soon. Has this happened to any one else?

Would you date a 30 year old? Man or woman, I'm just curious.

• Yes, I would date
  • No, thank you
  • I'm taken

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted "A", and I would definitely date a 30 year old woman (I would date women in their 40's as well.)

Women in their 30's seem to be much more open minded. I can approach a 30-something and she will accept me, where as if I do it to a girl in their 20's, they will say a guy is "creepy." I also think women your age are more focused on a guy's personality, while girls my age only want money and famous guys (because they're materialistic.)

The fact you haven't dated much doesn't bother me at all: I've never had a girlfriend or had sex. We would have something in common actually.

• That is a shame, that women around you seem to only go for that. There is so much more to a guy, like you said his personality, that is way way more important. Thank you for your comment! It is reassuring, especially since this is new to me, since I haven't dated all that much. I appreciate it!

• This deserved mho, i've noticed girls in their lower 20s and teens especially, think that everything is "creepy", I guess it's just maturity. Not saying they're all like obviously but i've noticed it a lot also.

• @GirlsLie Thanks for condoning me and recommending me MHO! I will recommend you on another question. I appreciate it.

What Guys Said 25

• I'm 33 and I'm currently dating a 31 year old. But she's as crazy as a 17 year old and I'm not much better. :)

But I think both of us are sort of exceptions because if I look at my high school friends most of them are married or even divorced with kids or ta least on the way. While I'm still staying out most nights doing what I love and actually finally making a living out of it.

• Ah I see, that's great! I am similar, most of my high school friends are married with ids by now, and tend to not talk to me as much because I am still single. I focused more on my career and traveling. Good on you for doing what you love!

• If it makes you feel better, I also hardly had anyone and it wasn't by choice. So I'm new to the dating scene too. There are tons of 30 year olds dating. In fact, I have a theory that millennials have realised this whole dating thing late and it's a trend that they do it at this age.

• Hmmm, you might be right! Although in my social circles, everyone I know is married and/or has kids. Even my younger sibling is married with a family. I'm not upset or anything by all of that, I'm quite happy for them. I guess that was never one of my priorities. Thank you for your feedback!

• Im a millenial and all my friends and I have been dating since high school

• Damn right since I'd love a Suga mama <3 i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif</a>

• Haha, that is one way to look at it!

• I don't know about that. 30 is awfully young!

• It is young isn't it? Ha! Say it again Red Arrow, I need a little pick me up today!

• You are young at heart I say! I am in much better shape now in my 30s (I just turned 30) than I was 10 years ago haha.

• I thank you! :)

• 30 y. o. is by no means over the hill, but if you want a family it is something you should start to be concerned about. You really don't have any more time to waste. You should be aggressively dating for a serious boyfriend, doing everything you can to make yourself more attractive as "wife material" (i. e. demonstrating what you have to offer a potential husband), and winnowing down your 436 bullet point checklist for Mr. Right to just 3 or 4 deal-breakers. Also, read the book "Just Marry Him" by Lori Gottlieb.

OTOH< if you just plan to date casually and have no desire for family life, then you can just do your thing and ignore my advice above. Good luck to you.

• Thank you for your feedback! I agree, if I wanted a family, I don't exactly have a ton of time.

• Yeah, definitely. A few years difference really isn't a big deal. Plus women in their 30s seem to be, on the whole less shallow, more open minded and so forth from my experience.

Also there are plenty of single guys in their 30s-40s, too I know lots from work so it's not like you have to worry too much.

• This is true. Sometimes maturity levels happen for different people as well. I was curious how open guys were at any age, to be honest. Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it!

• np... at 30 she's still a girl basically...

• I'm twenty. That is way outside my acceptable age difference.

• Yes, different points in lives wouldn't be really compatible, so that is understandable.

• She would have to be a special lady for me to want to be with a women that old. A thirty year old man doesn't have to date a thirty year old.

• Same reason a woman would or wouldn't want to be with a man, they need to connect or "click".

• "Eighteen to twenty three. Not really attracted to older women."

... L. O. L

• @been_waiting yup got to get thedick hard

• I would, I'm almost 30 anyways. And I myself have never dated so , it wouldn't be bad

• Ah, I see. Thank you for your feedback!

• I wouldn't mind!! Question is would u? I mean girls or women in general prefer 2 date guys older than themselves? Question is would u date a guy younger than urself?

• Thanks for the feedback!
      Yes, I don't see why not, if there are things in common with the guy. :)

• so what do u see in a guy?

• I'm not sure. I guess I would want him to have a good sense of humor, is dependable, loyal, and caring/compassionate.

• Generally, I prefer my woman to be younger closer to my age.
    But if she is special (has all the qualities I search for), I will ignore the minorities (age in this case).

• Yeah, I can understand that. Thanks for your feedback!

• I wouldn't rule it out but it's not likely.

• Good to know, thanks!

• I don't see why not lol

• Thank you for your feedback!

• Would you date a 22 year old?

• Maybe. If there was chemistry and shared interest, I would date a younger guy.

• I would date any woman up to 40 who interested me.

• Ah good to know. Thanks for your feedback!

• no, that's an undateable age.

• No, because that's 10 years of difference right there.

• Tell one reason Why not?

• I don't know honestly, haha.

• If we make a good pair. ..

• That's a good point. Thanks for your feedback!

• Ye, definitely, but depends how she look like. :))

• Oh, I see. Thanks for your feedback!

• Yeah. I'm almost 30 myself

• Ok, thanks for the feedback!

• I'm turning 30 this year, so yeah, if I we share the same interests and beliefs.

• That makes sense. Thanks for your feedback!

• yes i would. 30 years is still fairly young. would you date a 22 year old?

• so would you?

• I wouldn't rule it out, I would have to see how well he and I "click". If there is good chemistry, of course.

• yes i would, but it depends if you are looking to get married or settle down, looking for something serious instead of casual

• Yes, I agree. Having the same goals is important.

• Are you okay dating casually?

• Dating yes, although I don't really like the idea of dating a whole lot of men at once. I don't sleep around, so no casual hook-ups.

• Yes, yes I would.

• Thank you for your feedback! :)

What Girls Said 15

• Yeah, of course.

Then again, I am turning 30 this year myself. :D

• Guys will definitely date you, my boyfriend is 6 years younger then me, some men like older women. And I doubt you would have trouble finding a guy your age either, especially if you're educated and have been focused on work, it means you're more responsible and got your shit together before dating lol

• that would be ideal

• Thanks for your feedback! :)

• No but only because I'm too young. Like you just said you worked your ass off in school and stuff... I'm still in that phase. Would be weird.

• That is a whole 10 years older than me... no thanks.

• Sure. That's not that much older than me

• No, becuase I want so one who is gotten though the Sam stages in life as me. I want someone who at my level of accomplishments and we can grown together and accomplish the same and get over the same hurdles together.

• I understand. I can see your point. Thanks for feedback :)

• At my age, hell no. Haha.

• I'm taken.. if I wasn't, of course.

• yes i would date a 30 year old!

• Thank you for your response!

• Probably not. I am only 24.

• Oh I see, thanks for your feedback!

• maybe I don't know, I don't date over 25 :)

• Understandable. Thanks for your feedback. :)

• I'm 25 soon and I would date up to 40 I think.

• That is a good range, I think. 45-6 is my preferred higher range, but it depends on the guy.

• I dated a 28 year old when I was 18 and never again, its all I'm saying

• Right, different points in your life is a big factor.

• Age don't mean shit.

• This is true in most cases.