Is online dating depressing?

I’ve been doing online dating for 3 years and gotten no where. The 1st girl I ever wrote on there wrote each other for 3 months straight and we really had a lot in common and been calling me cutie. I asked her on a date and the day before the date she said she justs wants to be friends. :( Then I found out through her facebook account she found a boyfriend a week later. Was she leading me on and used me to build up her ego? Did I wait long to ask her out? Afterwards its just been hell for me. The typical “know each other for a month or more than deciding with the JUST TO BE FRIENDS excuse” :( Are the girls shallow on these types of sites? Is because I’m mentally slow they want NOTHING to do with me? Its very depressing that one girl isn't realistically intrested in me through online dating.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• girls are incredibly shallow on online dating sites. if you want to see if the girl is a flake or not give her one week and dont limit yourself to one girl message multiple. set up a date if they suddenly can't go to it for any reason that can't be proved then its time to move on. also how do i know girls are shallow on these sites? simple made a fake account of a model copy pasted my bio and messaged the same girls and suddenly they were all over him and even ones that said they were not there to hook up were offering to and i didn't even ask.

• I love when girls put on dating sites that they're not just here for a hookup. Not even the ones who are looking for a hookup would put that out there.

• yeah its pitiful, hilarious and sad

What Girls Said 2

• I don't find it depressing at all, I've met a lot of guys through on-line dating.

• Yes. It didn't work for me as well. Most people there weirdos or have some issues.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes, it can be but dating can be too.

I got news for you guys: If a girl is shallow about looks online, then she's shallow about looks offline. That has nothing to do with online dating.

It's ok in my opinion, I mean girls our age think you're "creepy" if you approach them anyway.

• The girls on those sites have options and receive more messages than they could ever reply to. So don't take it personally.

I'll take your word for it that online dating is a depressing waste of time. At least I don't have to try it now. So thanks! :D

• if you aren't getting anywhere with online dating, why have you been doing it for so long? Go for women offline. Tbh i find that the rewards for pursuing women offline are a lot better than pursuing them online

• Yes, but sometimes guys have a lack of opportunities. It all depends on timing but from my experience most girls our age don't like being approached. In fact they find it creepy. I've usually only gotten girls offline if they were the ones initiating it or if I was drunk and had liquid courage lol.

• Imagine that all single people in the world were put in the same room. It'd be a giant mess lol

• I spend time, but I found my girlfriend online.

• How tall are you?

• How many people are you messaging? Never just go for one. As the old saying goes, never put all your eggs in one basket.

That being said, online dating has its pros and cons but I have yet to get an actual relationship from there and I've met over 30 women off those sites from using it over the years.

Sometimes it takes a lot of rejection to find one who says yes but that's what it is. It doesn't matter how many people say no but the ones who say yes.