My boyfriend is older than me. Is that okay?

I am 16 and my boyfriend is 18. People haven't really had a problem with it, but I don't know what my parents would think. We haven't had sex or anything. We kiss though. I'm afraid about my parents knowing. Is it okay?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you want him to be 12? Haha I don't see a problem

What Guys Said 3

• What makes it ok? What other people think or what you two think? If you're 16 I think you're old enough to judge this yourself.

• It's ok the age gap is extremely small compared to human normal life spans

• My girl's 16 so i'd say its ok

What Girls Said 2

• Well I'm 19 and my man is 25. If you are on the same page and both respect each others as individuals/equals. Its completely fine. However if he is pressuring you and making you feel inferior then it is not. If you are comfortable and happy that is just fine.

• We sometimes have phone sex over the phone. He's never pressure me into having real sex or anything

• I kind of get you, I'm 16 and the guy I like is 20. We met online but I know him in person too. I don't really talk to other people about him much, because I AM scared what they will say. He isn't too bothered about it, but I know he doesn't like talking about me either, because he's afraid people will brand him as a paedophile or a pervert. Four years isn't a big difference if one person is 32 and the other one is 36, but at our age it is very different. He has a full time job, I still go to school and a part time volunteer job. Nothing makes me feel more like a child than saying that.

• That's the situation I'm in