People are calling me a slut. Is it true?

so i dated this guy for a long time (about 2 years) and after that i fell really badly for this other guy and he totally played me. after that i just switched off and i did what i wanted that included kissing three guys (over a space of time) but one holiday one of my closets guy friends also my best friends boyfriend she still liked visited and we almost kissed!!! i stopped everything and distanced myself from him but me and her aren't friends anymore. and now i found this guy i barely know but i really like and he doesn't even notice me. im worried im gonna switch off again. is it okay to have abit of fun? why am i always a side chick?

Most Helpful Guy

• These people are talking rubbish. They don't even know or don't even care they are using the world slut in the wrong way. A slut refers particularly to a woman that has countless sexual partners not how many she has kissed. Ill give you a dictionary reference of what a slut is as it may help you realise that you are not a slut

"A woman who has many casual sexual partners"

This was taken for the Oxford Dictionary.

So trust me you are not a slut. People these days, especially at high school love calling girls sluts and it is rather pathetic people do this. There is nothing wrong with a girl having a bit of fun.

What Guys Said 3

• You're NOT a slut. Full stop.
    Don't worry about them.

• You just kissed them. You didn't sleep with any of them and you were also "single". How is that being a slut?

• according to high school it makes you one. i used to be quiet and stuff and in a relationship so when i came out of my shell people freaked out and that was what some girls starting saying

• I think you need to ignore them. Younger girls find it amusing messing/talking about other girls and trying to make their life miserable by trying to put them down. I suggest, you not sink into this and not give them "explanations" on why you did what you did. It's your life and your business.

• U can try for it if it does not work I'm single and u can come to me and we can get to know each other

What Girls Said 2

• From kissing? Haha no, that does not make you a slut.

• Because you let men treat you that way. You're not a slut