What's the differences between pursuing a serious relationship and a hook up?

Most Helpful Girl

• I thought I was the one who could do a hook up and not care but I was wrong. As the guy I was dating was so sweet and nice but than suddenly he said he didn't want me to fall in love with him because he didn't want anything serious.. as I was laying in his arms.. it hit me.. I'm not that person
    I deserve love and to be loved and fall in love. With continuing this im telling him its okay to use me and I'm not worth anything.. and i can't do better cause I don't love myself
    So I dumped the mothafukka yesterday cause I am worthy of love and belonging..
    Moral of the story don't hook up

• Like too many girls, you fell for the lies of the feminists that sex is merely physical, you should think like a man, and it doesn't matter if he respects you or not. At least you woke up. Hope you will not be shy telling other young ladies to reject the feminists' lies before they are destroyed by them.

• there's nothing to do with feminism lol

What Guys Said 5

• A hook up: you slap them on the behind. right away
    A serious relationship: you don't slap their behind until you've cuddled and kissed for a while.

• the difference is what the heart wants/feels.

• I mean how will you act differently..

• act differently, if its a hook up I won't be serious about it at all.

• You will be more emotionally dependent or interested in a serious relationship and not so much in a hook up.

• You just answered your own question

• One is emotional one is physical

• I mean how will you act differently..

• You care about one and don't really care about the other

What Girls Said 4

• That a hook up means just sex, and serious relationships means feelings are involved?

• and how will you act differently..

• A hookup involves no feelings whatsoever, only lust and infatuation. It is only temporary. A serious relationship involves aspects like trust, intimacy, and of course deep feelings of love.

• that's not what I asked lol, I mean how will you act differently..

• That is how you'll act different, and if you meant that you should have but it in the description of the question.

• One involves lust, the other involves emotional connection. No offense, but was this seriously a question you couldn't answer yourself?

• no, I mean how will you act differently..

• Ones purely physical, the other is emotional too