Girls, how insecure will being single at 27 make you feel? or has made you feel or do you think it will make you feel?

be honest! not cliche. biological clock is real

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls, how insecure will being single at 27 make you feel?
    I won't feel insecure at all as I find single life is much preferable over being in a relationship. Guys in my opinion tend to come with too much drama, compromises, and sacrifices for nothing but a d*ck in exchange and sex with d*cks is pretty sh*tty to me.

"biological clock is real"
    It is for both genders and it seemingly starts at 23 with guys sperm quality lowering and gals egg quantity lowering. Just because guys can have children at much older ages doesn't mean it's healthy as the rise in adhd, aspie, etc kids suggest.

Though I don't see what this has to do with being single as a gal can go to a sperm bank and many gals in relationships still don't have kids.

What Girls Said 11

• It doesn't bother me too much. Ideally I would like to have a kid before I'm 30 so I can deal with the energy requirements of parenting better. I'm not too worried about my biological clock because the women in my family are very fertile (and the gynaecologist already told me I am too). My mum had me naturally when she was 41 and didn't hit menopause until her mid-late 50s. My Aunty had her daughter at 43 and my grandmother was 38 when she had her last child.
    I'd rather wait for the right guy to marry than freak out and settle for the wrong one.

• I'm 27 and single.. And it really is all in my mood. Lol... That and how much support I feeling. I will no doubt feel lonely at times, but I believe there are other forms of relationships that keep us fulfilled and happy, not all necessarily need to come from a romantic relationship. Sometimes I feel empowered and sexy being single, othertimes I'll look at my friends who are in a romantic relationship with longing eyes.. But ofcourse then I see they have kids and I don't want any of that lol. @Udolipixie and @runrunkgb basically say it best!

• As a 27 year old that just got out of a long term relationship that I expected to result in marriage and children, I can tell you that, yes, it can be quite a blow. I'd be lying if I said it didn't phase me! Hell, it made me question myself and my worth very deeply.

When you get to this age and ALL of your friends are married and have children, it can feel isolating, and like you are somehow failing at life. BUT, at the same time, it's pretty nice to be able to go anywhere and do whatever you want with no limitations. That kind of freedom makes up for the struggle. :)

It's all about that perspective. Clocks be damned.

• Single does not mean lonely or unfulfilled. And quite honestly, I couldn't care less if I ever have children.

• I really wouldn't mind!

• I'm not having children, so I don't care about a biological clock.
    I wonder sometimes how long I can survive by myself, but I don't even have friends right now. If I have them at 27, maybe that will be enough.

• I'd be upset, but I'd suck it up and deal with it.

• I'm already a kind of single 27 year old and I don't feel insecure at all
    I don't think my biological clock is Ticking, maybe because I don't want kids
    and I'm not planning on settling down anytime soon

• im not 27 and until now i have gotten approaches so im not insecure about my looks even though i didn't i dont put my value in that but it would be uncomfortable

• I'd suck it up, you'll find someone eventually.

• I wasn't single at 27, but I am now at 32. I've always felt equally uncomfortable and comfortable being single. I'm a weird person, honestly. Fairly introverted, very introspective and independent to a fault. I've realized this since I was a kid and enjoyed playing alone as much as with others. It's not entirely comfortable not being like most people, but it's just who I am.

My last serious boyfriend and I talked heavily about marriage, but I just wasn't the person he wanted and I didn't want to be married for the sake of it to someone who wasn't a good match. I don't know that it's for everyone...