Why do some go back to ex's?

So I have a good friend (im a guy, she is a girl) and she has recently started talking to an ex again. A little back story, they dated some in high school, then broke up. They then got back together again... and broke up again. Both times he dumped her when he was about to leave for college after the summer. After the second break up, she deleted all possible contact with him and ignored him if he contacted her. She would say how much of a bad person he is. Then, as if right on cue, he returned home from college and surprise surprise, she added him back on facebook, started texting him like crazy, started going over to his house and... well I will leave it at that. Its as if she gets in some sort of trance when ever he comes home, and thinks that a relationship will work, when in reality he will just dump her again right before he goes back to college. I don't want her to get hurt again, but if I say anything about it, she just gets mad. Why does she not understand that it won't work, and that she will just get hurt, just like the times before. Why does she keep getting back with him?

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know either!

What Girls Said 3

• Love. Or they don't want to be lonely. For some.

• Every girl has that one guy she goes back to, heartbreak after heartbreak. And nobody knows why, not even her. And she still can't let go.

I don't know. I guess that happens when you love someone.

• I hate my ex but i like using him for sex because I want to hurt his feelings :D