Emotional brick wall?

Dating a guy who wrote this on a forum about me (he doesn't know that i saw his post i just know his username and came across it):

"Dating a beautiful wonerful sweet woman, problem is i'm an emotional brick wall and can't truly get into the relationship, it sucks, hurts me everyday".

what did he mean by this?:(

Most Helpful Girl

• He's walled himself off as a defense mechanism and doesn't know how to let someone in if he tried. To do so would be extremely painful and most likely would cause him to run.

'I will let you down, I will make you hurt' basically sums it up. Playing with fire to get attached but I wouldn't give up on him due to some random post. Have a conversation, if this is how he truly feels he'll most likely have no problem admitting so. Maybe he isn't as closed off as stated in the post, maybe he can open up but if he tells you he wants to can't and will hurt you take his word for it.

• Thank you for your answer! Yea he did tell me he had bad experiences in the past where he got really hurt and almost killed himself. But now i'm dating him and we've been dating for 10 months and he pushes me away most of the time. Everytime i get close he pushes me away but when he sees im distant and when im moving on he chases me like crazy. It's so frustrating:(

What Guys Said 2

• It probably means that he thinks he is too scarred from a previous relationship and that he will not be able to let go enough to let you in and establish emotional intimacy. That is his fear, but it may not be a well-founded fear.

• thank you for your answer! Yes i feel like he does have lots of issues. He told me he's crazy many times.

• "Crazy" like mental health problems or just messed up from a bad relationship?

• He ' shot a point in his relationship where he knows it's the right thing to do, but it will shatter him.

What Girls Said 2

• Means he wants open up to you emotionally but can't/finds it hard to do. Maybe because of past experiences.

• **wants to

• Thanks! yes actually told me that he's afarid to be in a relationship because bad experiences in the past:(

• It means that he has a hard time expressing/feeling emotions.