Why doesn't my boyfriend give me compliments?

I have been going out with my boyfriend for 7 months now and he never tells me that I am beautiful or pretty or smart or anything like that. He doesn't give me compliments in anyway! Does that mean he doesn't think I am attractive? I've tried to tell him that I need to hear those words, but problem is still there! He kisses and hugs me a lot but no word!

Most Helpful Guy

• Words are cheap. Actions speak volumes. It's possible that he's not comfortable giving or receiving compliments. It says NOTHING about him finding you attractive or not. You should take comfort in his actions rather than craving the words. Anyone can say anything to you without meaning it.

What Guys Said 2

• You're beautiful.

• Doesn't sound like a "boyfriend" problem, sounds like a self confidence problem. YOU have to start thinking that you're beautiful, smart, etc.. then it won't matter if he says it or not, you'll already know you are. Problem is, where will that confidence come from, and it shouldn't be from him. It's got to come from within

What Girls Said 1

• I guess he prefers to show you his love for you in a different way. Not everyone is good with words. I know people that have a difficult time telling their spouse they love them. The word love is weird for them to say and make them feel uncomfortable but they do show their spouse they love them by giving them love and affection. Try to understand where he's coming from.