I'm 25 and I have never had a girlfriend?

I’m a 25-year-old man and I’ve never had a girlfriend before, not only that I have never been kissed, never been on a date and I’ve never had sex. The most I have ever done with a girl is hug her.

My problem is that I just don’t know how to talk to women at all and I’m very shy around women I find attractive. I feel all I need is practice, but I get so nervous and anxious that rather than confronting my fears, I’ve been avoiding them. One reason is because my father made me feel worthless from the time I was very young and I was teased a lot in high school. As a result, I withdrew inward and I never had great self-image and lack confidence. My only interactions with women were kept strictly platonic, never romantic. I never allowed myself to feel anything more than that because: I was convinced no one would want a loser like me; and I was scared of being vulnerable.

I live in a small town and the number of single, eligible women is limited, so only relatively recently have I considered dating. I tried online dating for a year but I got no results. I don't drink so forget the bar/club scene entirely. I’ve always felt like the odd one out, and as each year passes it seems to further diminish any romantic confidence. I know I’ve got love in me and much to share, but I don’t know how to find someone to share it with. Unfortunately, because of my past and choosing to be the complete opposite of my father, I have turned into the stereotypical “nice guy” who pretty much every girl says she wants, but ends up never going out with. I feel very lonely and unwanted.

Any advice for me on what I should do?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• Put all those negative thoughts behind you! Just believe that you are awesome and everything will work itself out.

• 1.) What your parents say does not ring true.
    2.) It is fine to feel nervous. It is a normal human emotion.

Have you tried any singles groups?

• Put all your fears and shyness behind you...
    Next time you see or meet a beautiful girl, trying saying something funny or do something that would catch her attention...
    Don't give up! :)

• See, I DO approach women and I've still never had a girlfriend.

• just have patience! don't worry about it too much :)
      try joining dating sites

• Did you not read my post? I have tried online dating.

What Guys Said 4

• Even if you weren't shy around women, it wouldn't matter much. I'm 24 and in the same boat as you (except I have kissed a girl and I did go on a date.) The truth is, girls our age are stuck up man. They only go for the wealthy men these days. Meeting in clubs won't do any good either.

The best advice I can give you is: Never give up.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlfKNqoL8JY I really suggest you watch this video, it will really help you. How attract women.

• This guy gives video on how to work on shyness, but don;t takes shyness as bad thing, it might just be your introvert person.

• Check out this website:

http://thematinggrounds.com/

• Look up David Wygant, Johnny Berba, or Tripp Advice