Is it really that bad to ask a girl out over text?

OK I like this girl and I asked for her number and she gave it to me. But now I found out she had been hoping I would ask her out too and I didn't I mean I like her I just thought I should text her and get to know her first. I feel stupid.

I'm probably not going to see her again for a while. So is it that bad to just text her and ask her if she wants to go out or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, it's not a good idea.

What Girls Said 3

• Most people are okay with this now days. No one likes the phone.

• Text her and get to know her, that's a good start. These days I feel like it's fairly normal to do it through text, but maybe you could call her?

• I don't see a problem with it.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes it is. It feels insensitive and like you are scared of the girl. Just go up and talk to her, then ask her to hang out with you and bam. It's not a date but you can get to know her better before you date her.

• It's kind of considered a lame thing to do. In person face to face is always the best and has the best outcome. Over the phone voice to voice is probably the next best way to do it. Then texting or a note after that. Having a friend do it is probably the worst.

• As you see most women here couldn't care less but I also don't like it as a man. I would be afraid that she sees me as a wuss because I don't dare to speak to her over the phone. Calling her also offers a great opportunity to gauge her excitement level and it's easier to talk about details.