Do men with military experience make more loyal boyfriends?

By loyal I mean sticking around when life gets real not in regards to sleeping around. So many guys I date have been protected from life decisions or tragedy by their well off parents who are always there to catch them when they fall (yes even at 30). They get spoked by a death in the family and what not.

Most Helpful Guy

• As an ARMY officer I can say that NCO and experienced officers yes, but soldiers no, cause there is always NCO or officer who are playing parents role.

• really, sounds like the typical diluted thing an officer would say.

• deluded even

• Yes I am an officer. No NCO is not an officer it's instructor. And yes I can say same thing for young officers as well. But even mother or father don't take their sons to hand when he needs to go to dentist, but in army that is NCO job so do you have anything to ad?

What Guys Said 6

• Military men are men. They are not trained to be loyal to their girlfriends in the military. I have seen many military men who are very loyal, but just as many who are not. And as for another opinion on here stating that officers and NCOs are more loyal boyfriends, forget that. Some of the worst guys for cheating on their wives were the officers. I almost said the NCOs too, but got to thinking that though I wondered about some of them, I never actually saw or heard of them doing so. But the officers often bragged about it. And I am talking about the experienced officers. (O-5)

And I am a retired CPO (NCO) from the Navy.

• being in the military has nothing to do with loyalty in relationships.

the reason females say military guys are players because they live life to the full, they do not settle down because for most they do not expect to live long enough to settle down,

• Some do. The majority of training in the military is psychological. A lot of people start the military stronger then after they left but they have a lot more discipline. Some aren't. It depends on what parts of life are getting real. They are trained to handle some situations and not others.

Some make careers out of the military because they simply just don't know how to live in regular society.

• Military experience makes the person focus on what is important in his life, however those things may differ depending on the personal virtue some are just selfish and some are not. This focus usually makes them more rational and less emotional in their decisions (they may seem harsh and without compassion)
    From my experience, people with military experience (I am not on of them), will improve their personalities, however the end result is not always appealing.

• my brother is a soldier... you realize basic training is there to weed out soft, nice guys? the point is to get an army of brash, ruthless people. also the sort of guys who are not afraid to shrug and go find a new girl.

• I don't think it matters if he's been in the military or not, that would be a superficial excuse

What Girls Said 3

• I do think so.

• I hear that most military men are players. Who's to say they won't cheat on you while they're away.

• Nope here. They sucks! players but I wonder why girls here still want them