What do you consider a date?

I hear woman complaining men don't take them out on dates. I have done a lot of outdoor activities with woman on date or taken them somewhere to eat.

• outdoor activities (hiking, travel to a spot)
    6% (2)
  • dinner
    9% (3)
  • lunch
    0% (0)
  • all of the above
    64% (21)
  • fancy dinner or lunch
    12% (4)
  • going for a drink or coffee
    9% (3)
  • attending a sports event
    0% (0)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Dates can be anything... as long as you indicate that it's a date.

The issue is, is that you can take a woman to a "date" type situation, but if you don't establish it's a date, then it's just hanging out with one of your buddies.

Any of those could be a date.

• So if I don't use the word d-a-t-e on the phone, she will think it's not a date?

What Girls Said 15

• Like dinner or a movie. Something that you go out and get dressed up for.

• What no trip to the beach?

• A date is simply two people doing something and labeling it as a date.

It can be dinner, fishing, gaming, movies, hiking, swimming, coffee, anything

• Well date as in getting to know one and another and hopefully starting a relationship up. I would go for a coffee. Ideally with food aswell so coffee and lunch sounds good to me. Obviously if he isn't a big coffee drinker, he can have hot chocolate lol

• See that what I find odd, some woman say lunch , dinner or anything. I guess it really a woman prefer on what she considers a date to be.

• Well time could be a major factor (availability) that's quite vital. I would assume lunch or dinner eould be organised around the time

• maybe a fancy dinner/lunch

• Well, I see that. But what's the complaint stemming from?

• i don't know

• Been on a a lot of dating sites and woman on there complain the men don't take them on real dates. don't get these woman

• Definitely a fancy dinner or lunch. It just seems classic

• So you prefer that as a first date?

• Yeah, it also gives a good chance to get to know each other

• A movie, dinner, theme park, type of date is a date in my opinion. A quick coffee is casual an not romantic to me.

• All of those except sports activities - definitely not a date. I see that just as an exercise > could be 2 people could be 200 people... not intimate, not a date.

• All of the above can be considered a date.

• I can't speak for all woman kind, but would consider all of these things to be a date. I actually prefer outdoor activities, they make me feel more comfortable and open. The biggest problem for me and "dates" is when men refuse to acknowledge that it is, in fact, a date. Don't call it "hanging" or "chilling." That is what you do with your buds. Call it what it is, don't leave things in a gray area.

• To me a fun date would be to stay at home with them. Play a lot of wii games and make something very interesting to eat.

A fancy date would be to go to the Georgia Aquarium, lol.

• Any of these things can be a date or not a date - depends on whether it is specified/implied or not.

• all of those can be dates if you say lets go on a date to...

• Something where are talking and getting to know each other.

• Something she enjoys.

• I don't care. I just want to spend time with him and get to know him.