Should I ask my boyfriend about this picture that I saw on his Facebook with him and his ex?

I was bored yesterday night and decided to look at his old pictures and I found one of him and thIs girl. She had her arms wrappedal around his waist and he had his hand on her back and they were both smiling at the camera. Judging by his hairstyle, it seems like this was taken around a year before we met each other. My question is should I ask him about it or not? What if it was a bad experience for him? I hate to bring back painful memories. But I also want to know when they broke up, but I don't see a point in asking all this.

• yes , ask him. You need to know.
  • No , don't ask. There's no point.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd probably ask casually out of curiosity, but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

What Guys Said 5

• He'll tell you about it if he needs to, or wants to. Otherwise, why poke into his past? And it will look like you're checking up on him in a compulsive way if you bring it up.

• True. I guess it's a good thing that he almost never talks about his exes (he briefly mentioned one of them once, to me)? That means he moved on, right?

• That's very confusing. XD He never really brought up the topic, but he also won't talk about it When I asked about his exes in general. Then I shrugged it off and stated taking about other stuff.

• Sounds to me like he's still hung up on at least one of them.. this isn't uncommon.

• You weren't bored, you were stalking your boyfriend and snooping on his personal info from the past.
    Many dudes forget to delete photos of them with other women from their social accounts. Just like some guys forget they might have an ex's clothing lying around their house somewhere. If you found a pair of women's panties or something that wasn't yours he probably just forgot about it. I know I would because my room is a mess.

• I guess? I mean it was at night and everyone was asleep so I couldn't play video games and I'm all caught up on my online shows. Plus, he sent me a picture of his 17 year old self and I thought he looked cute and I wanted to see if there were more Lol so I asked him if i could look at his fb pics and he let me.

• as long as he hasn't have this pic as his PROFILE pic... y u worry?

• I answered No because if he's actually putting it on FB and he know's you'll see it, it means he has nothing to hide, supposedly... That said, i think if activity on that photo continues for a long time then maybe you should ask THEN...

• He didn't upload it himself. She uploaded it and tagged him lol, but he never goes on fb so there's no "activity" under the picture whatsoever.

• Oh, in that case, you can ask and blame it on curiosity... From the sounds of it, the ex its trying to spark something up again, so don't give it too much attention, or else he might too...

• Why would you bother? it's an old picture from a stage in his life that's now in the past.

What Girls Said 2

• If you're curious then just ask about previous girlfriends in general.. I wouldn't specifically ask about the picture :)

Not like it's a threat to you or anything!

• A and B. There's really no point in asking as in you won't really get anything out of it. He's with you either way so this other girl doesn't mean anything anymore. With that said, I think that you should ask him about it if you really want to know. Just say that you saw a picture with him and this girl on facebook and that you got interested in who she is. Let him explain if he wants but don't push him