Ever felt that dating wasn't worth it?

I don't know how other people do it. I have never wanted to put the work in a relationship. I live alone and I'm used to being on my own. I don't ask women out because I don't want to at all. I have had women find me attractive but I turned them down. People say relationships are rewarding, but I don't think they are. I think they're a waste of time. I might come off as selfish, but I only care for myself. Nobody else will. Ever felt this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel you. I know exactly where you are coming from. I think it boils down to this. I've thought about this for a very long time.

Do you want to come home every night and have the house be silent? Just you and your thoughts. Everyday. Day in and day out.

I've been there. I still am there. You reach a point where loneliness will drive you insane. It's essentially jail.

Sure, you'll have to put up with some crap. Do certain things that make you uncomfortable. But so what? If it means I'm not alone and I have someone next to me who wants to be with me, then I am more then happy to do anything for them.

I assume you play a lot of video games to occupy your time. Which isn't a bad thing. But do you really want that to be your life?

• I play video games and have a dog to take care. I also work a lot.

• I'll just work and take care of myself until I can't.

• Wow... those are some dreams. Sounds very lonely mate. I hope you find what you're looking for. Don't give up.

What Girls Said 4

• not exactly that way...
    but have you ever tried being in a relationship? you might find that you do actualy like it..

• Not interested lol.

• hahaha!!! fair enough...
      as long as you satisfied and happy with your life then you can be alone...

• Lets say that being in a relationship is not a life requirement. If you dont feel like it you dont have to.

Well one thing is sure, if you dont give people a chance they will never care for you and show you they can.

• I don't need other people to care for me. I have that taken care of.

• Of course no one can take care of you better than you. However, as a former loner myself, I had to learn the hard way that life is not worth living alone.

I'd rather die.

• Really? I thrive on it. It's just my personality type.

• I do have friends. Friends since we were children. I also visit my family. I've never been the type of guy who was motivated to ask a woman out. Or cared lol.

• Well good for you! You do what makes you comfortable. You have really good self control.

I need more of that myself. Lol

• Sometimes. I mean, I know it takes work and all... but I am getting tired of it being one sided. I seem to be doing most of the work, while the guys I dated take advantage. I still hold out hope that I can find a guy and share the "work" 50/50. I think the companionship, having someone that cares and happy memories are what are rewarding.

What Guys Said 7

• i feel u bro... i rather spend my time alone as well basially...;-)

• Live the life that you feel is best. If I could be single again, I'd stick to casual sex, minus the commitment. But of course I'm 40 years old and have already done the marriage, kids and family thing.

• Dating isn't worth it though. It never will be. It never was.

• Once you find someone you like and are compatible with, it's lots of fun - you have some to be an activity partner, go for dinner and movies with, and have sex with.

The part that makes you doubt if it's all worth it is the search for that person, and finding them from a sea of crazies, damaged goods, fatsos, gold diggers, future cat ladies and future baby mommas.

• Women like to do things. I on the other hand don't lol.

• Ah, but you probably like to 'do' women ;)

• Sex yes. An actual relationship? No.

• its fun sometimes, and other time its just like bleh... I just wanna hangout and have fun...

• It is easier to just be alone but it would feel nice to have that affection and love and care from another person and to share your life with them.

• I felt it when I got dumped... u could enter into a casual relationship... friends wid benefits that may help