Guys, If you call a girl cute, does that mean you don't think she's relationship material?

I'm petit and look much younger than my age. Guys say I'm cute all the time. But if a guy says cute, does that mean he just sees me as a kid?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• It does not mean a guy sees you as a cute. Cute is a compliment, it refers to a particular type of attractiveness. It does not mean he would date you, necessarily, but it doesn't mean that he wouldn't date you either. Physical attractiveness and relationship material are two independent sliders. A girl can be super attractive, but not be considered relationship material because her personality sucks too much. A girl could be a little less attractive than a guy generally likes, but just be so fun to be around, so into the same things, the a guy will date her anyway.

So, for you, accept cute as a compliment, but don't think of it as a sign of relationship interest OR disinterest. It is a word that refers to your physical appearance, not how much a person would want to date you. It is a good first step in attracting the attention of a guy though, for him to want to possibly spend time getting to know if you would be good to date or not.

What Guys Said 20

• No. Guys usually call girls cute if she's pretty but has a innocent aura around her. Cute, pretty and beautiful are positive compliments that a guy will say if he finds you physically attractive enough for a relationship.

Now if a guy says "You look like a slut", that is when you should be worried about being relationship material.

• it means that i find her attractive... then i'd do anything sexual on her basically!!

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• Why do women not like cute? I use cute as Cute... and as beautiful. It is just another word. usually when I say "cute" it means she did something adorable that I liked... on top of being attractive. Your being way too much of a girl and overthinking things...

• Means you look nice. Nothing more nothing less. Its a compliment.

• When I say someone is cute then I mean they're dating material. I'm not going to say that they're hot in order to date them. If I say you look cute then I'm referring to your appearance. If I say that you're cute based off of your reaction to something, then I'm saying that you're adorable and I'm not really that interested lol

• I find cute girls more attractive than hott or sexy ones. Cute just seems more innocent and i also love short girls. I don't know about the guys you are reffering to, but if i tell a girl she is cute, it means i have a crush on her/ or see them as relationship material. Hott girls dont interest me at all other than maybe a nice body. I would choose cute over hott anyday.

• Cute means attractive in a girly, and more feminine kind of way. Personally, that's what i look for in a girlfriend, but it might be different for other guys.

• Yes sure same as meaning i am attractive to her

• It depends on the tone and the context of how he said it.

• He doesn't see you as a little kid, he just sees you as somewhat attractive

• sometimes but not always i mean i call girls I'm attracted to cute, even if were friends already.

• what if she's a baby?

compliments are only compliments.

• I call girls cute all the time

• Cute can have many definitions, to me cute is just that cute, it's kinda my way of flirting

• nah, it's just that we're talking from a physical aspect, we have to know your personality too

• true yea it is

• From a guy's point of view or POV ur pretty bordering hot... so yea that's a good thing!!

• definitely not. she is mildly attractive and/or baby face... .

• You are reading way too much into that single word. A lot of guys actually prefer cute. Cute is also the safest word a guy can call a girl. Words like sexy or hot get us yelled at by man haters for sexually objectifying women. Since the word cute has an innocent origin it is now being used to describe any attractive girl so we don't get yelled at by man haters.

• usually yes
    but sometimes no