Is dating a 50 year old man wrong for a 16 year old girl?

There are not law restrictions because this is legal in my State, we already look it up. I'm not planning to marry him or anything. It's basically just for fun. He knows about so many things and I am fascinated with him. Plus he is my first man and I feel really good around him.

I'm not marrying him or anything. This is just to start experience life.
He is actually 52 and you guys are paranoid, he is actually a sweet guy. I don't even know why I asked this.
I have an exchange student friend in High School from Bulgaria and she says this is normal in Europe. People in Europe have sex since they are like 12. We in the United States are more closed minded.
I'm not gonna answer more answers. we been dating and everything is good and double checked legal, so no worries, is natural.
ok.

Most Helpful Girl

• Babe...

Do whatever makes you happy in your life... Weather he be 20-30-40-50 if he makes you smile.. and your sure and you think it's genuine then you carry on doing it.

No one hear can judge him at alll! they have never met the poor bloke.

I know this isn't really the main point here, but I still feel it's a good one to mention - older men are tempting to a lot of women... my girlfriends and I always talk about how hot George Cloony is He's 48! ... what about Alan Rickman? ...63! I know a lot of girls that are young that want him.

few more ... Hugh Bloody grant! 48!...

And now now ladies and gentlemen... Lets not forget the O so sought after.. Johnny Depp..46.. and of course... Brad Pitt - 45 & Tom Cruise 47.

And guys!... there are surely older woman who you - if the chance came'a knockin - would get with.

Again don't have a go at me... I know it's not the same thing, but I can pretty certain that over 70% of people have been attracted to an older male/female and some point, and would have jumped at the chance for a moment of passion! ... it''s just how it is.

Hun, You live once, doesn't matter who doesn't agree... It's your life ... It's your choice!... and tbh.. he is a bloody lucky man... your a stunnerr!

Xxxxxx keep ya chin up.

• In fact... It's a well known male fantasies to "be" with older an older woman....... it is portrayed through the eyes of the media .. men want exp with an older women.. they want to learn gain exp.. that is all this girl wants to do really..

I can see both arguments... It's a conflicting question. Everyone is gonna take this their own way.

It's crazy.. life is just like that.

• Ok cjwright79 your an idiot I nor anyone else with a brain cares what you have to say ok 70 year old men can be great guys but that is child molestation to be with a kid and morally wrong if they are 10 years younger ok but 52 years old with a 16 year old child is not just wrong but sick that child molester needs to go to jail

• Royalwalter3 I get where your coming from, it's a fact, and this whole qustion has sparked a huge debate because it is tabooed. Everyone see's this differently. It doesn't matter what anyone says it's her choice, life and feelings, So don't be so critical when you haven't ever met either of the people involved.

I respect your views, and you should ours. It doesn't make us bad people cause we value age as a number.. And yes there are lines that must be drawn a 70 year old and a 10 year old is sick

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 28

• WHAT? I don't care where you are in the united states unless you have a baby it is illegal ANYWHERE in this country so look up the law a little better and yes in europe its the norm and legal but is so wrong you tell me where your fom or give me a number and I will have his ass locked up myself I will fly down there and slap his ass right in the face with the papers saying its illegal then have his child molesting ass locked up where he belongs that man belongs in jail and deserves to get things shoved up in his ass while he is in there that's completely disgusting and your parents must chimps or monkeys to let you do that you have a messed up life and I am sorry to hear that and I hope one day you realized how much of a mistake that is

• We did look it up. We know lawyers and all.It's completely legal.

• I think the fact they actualy spent time to try and find something that says about 16 year olds having sex is legal or not just proves the only reason there together in the first place.

• I agree 100 percent I know if you have to ask such a stupid question and try to spend all that much time looking up the laws I mean really does it sound wrong come on now but ya I agree with you

• Here we go with the in the United States we are more closed minded thing.

• This is wrong on all level. I don't care if you are experimenting. Why can't he find someone close to his age or a legal adult that isn't a teenager. This may be something you want to do, but he knows you're young and is taking advantage of you and the situation. When a 50 year old man wants to have sex with a16 year old girl, you have to question why. Stay away from him.

• It's inappropriate for him to consider dating you. He's old enough to be your father. There's a well know rule. Half his age divided by two and then add seven. That means the youngest woman he should consider dating is 32 years old. You're half that age. You two can be platonic friends but that's it.

• Yeah its wrong. Good for him thou...lol. I thought my 4 year difference was a problem, but not now...lmao. You are looking for a sugar daddy. What kind of life experience could you be looking for.

More from Guys
23

What Girls Said 21

• i am with you in a way. I like older guys too but I haven't been with a guy that is 50 I think the oldest guy I was with was 35 or 36 or so he said. I mostly go for later 20's early 30's. Guys our age have no idea how do work things haha. I a fuzzy on who I lost my virginity to cause I was 13 and the guy was 13 and I really don't know if it went in lol but like a month after that I had sex with this guy who was 26 and he got the job done for sure ha. don't worry about age just be careful girl

• I did forget to say one thing!... 16 is soooo sooo sooo soooooooooo young. Just be careful of laws..

In all honesty if you were 20 it wouldn't sound as bad... but that isn't going to stop you is it lol :)

Just be careful. really. Could tell you all the tings you already know... and have been told a million time... it change what you wanna do tho.

Just felt like making a point in the last comment...

xxx

• You got many answers but I just want to say, I'm from Europe, and we do not have sex since we are 12 or something. Seriously. GB has big problem with teen pregnancies but generally average age is like 16 or 17. Higher in Holland, lower in GB. And yes we are more open minded than you but please do not make Europe seem like a land of pornography. We are just not so obsessed with sex as you are^^

• Any 52-year-old man who dates a teenager has issues, I don't care how nice he is. So does the teenager; older men wouldn't prey on her otherwise.

And this isn't Europe. Even if it was, having sex at 12 doesn't mean they're having it with someone 30 years older than them.

• Hi, European spokesman, this stuff is wrong, thanks for your time. 16 is as far as I know the European wide norm for age of consent. And old men sleezing on young girls is never acceptable.

Remember that America was created by European immigrants, logic and common sense dictates that by virtue of that we share similar ethics. ;)

• Tell that to the question asker. I was just commenting on the information she gave, I don't actually believe it.

• Think of it this way... if you have lived on this earth for 50 years... why would you ever find satisfaction in a companion that is a third of that age? Men that are 50 are much more established and have experienced many more things than you have, and at that point are looking for the real deal.

What I' trying to get it is that he is using you for sex, and that since this is illegal (as you are under 18), he could go to jail for this. I know you think you know him really well... but he is a sick man and you are putting your life and safety at stake. stop contacting him immediately before someone finds your dead body in a ditch.

More from Girls
16