I am so afraid of being in a relationship?

I'm so afraid of being in a relationship. i feel like they'll like me at first but then when they get to know my silly personality and my flaws they'll dump me right there and then. I don't even like making eye contact for too long with guys because I feel like they can see all my flaws. I always meet guys that I click with but when it starts getting deep, I drop them and move on quickly. I don't even leave the house without looking decent. If my hair isn't looking nice that day or I look bad that day, I don't even walk out the house. I'm afraid no one will be able to date me. I really worry about myself

Most Helpful Guy

• Whenever I see a girl like you want to see their flaws. Then I want to hold them and say I love because of those flaws. I hope you meet a good guy. You deserve to be happy 😊

What Guys Said 5

• whoaaaa w8...

1st of all try 2 embrace yer looks... even if u leave yer house with "bad hair"/... NOBODY will judge u... trust me...:-)

• I totally know the feeling. I'm not really sure what to tell you. Maybe you put others on a pedestal?

• Have you tried reading Dale Carnegie's book "How to Stop Worrying and Start LIving"?

• its a confidence thing, sure you are fine just need self belief

• If they dump you because of that then maybe they weren't the right one for you in the first place

What Girls Said 2

• A man who truly wants to be with you falls in love with your flaws as well as your strengths.

• you have exactly summed up how I used to think- right down to trying to have perfect hair/makeup all the time. Here's the secret - lots of people feel like that. you don't have to be perfect in a relationship, no one is. a poper one is about talking about your secrets and the the little weird things you do and inside jokes. sure you can make an effot and dress up and all that... but whoever you end up is gonna see you with bad skin and no make up in the morning and unbrushed hair. my boyfriends seen my crying naked with horrible blotchy skin and he's not exactly repulsed. he's seen me wearing micky mouse pjs. he's seen me rolling in pain at 4am in the morning and not got mad at me waking him up. I would never have believed before dating him that all that would be the case but relationships/love are really all about accepting the other person... including their flaws.

I don't normally bother answering other pls q's but I wanted to with this one bc it so accurately describes what I used to feel. And I want you t know that you shouldn't worry about yourself. Think about how many people with extra weight/underweight/bignoses/wonky eyes get into relatonshis ad they're happy... why shouldn't you? The perks of being in a relationship (support, compainionship, cuddles, sex, closeness, fun dates, kissing, whatever) for me are worth taking that risk. I just wish I'd rea;ised before I let fear get to me for 21 years.

Don't be afraid! Life would be boring if no one had fun silly personailities!

I