Is being jealous okay?

I know it's kind of a stupid question, but I'm still going to ask it anyways. I'm a really shy person, so I can never get myself to go speak or sit next to my crush. So I'll just sit alone somewhere and awkwardly stare at him. But I get really jealous of how other people can just waltz right up to him like it's nothing. Today a really nice and pretty girl was flirting with him, and I got really upset. (On the inside, of course, I can control my emotions.) I was really intimidated by her, and it just got to me. Here's my question, is this normal or am I just a really petty person?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal. You see something you want so you feel threatened when others look like they may take it from you. It's in your DNA from millions of years of evolution.

So feel free to feel jealous. It doesn't make you a bad person. But also try to work up the courage to do something small everyday to try and break out of your shyness shell. You can do it. I was once very shy when I was in my early teens and younger but consciously made an effort to reverse that and it worked.

What Guys Said 2

• It's totally normal. I was in that situation all throughout Junior High and High school. I am also very jealous of guys talking to my girlfriend in a relationship. I just want her all to myself. And, besides, I know what their intentions are...

• It's completely normal. Don't feel bad. You wish it was you talking to him that's fine. Just remember this and go talk to him. He's more scared than you are.

What Girls Said 5

• A little is okay, but not too much.

• Jealousy is being afraid someone will take something from you that you value. Envy is wanting what someone else has.

• I see. I meant "Is being envious okay?" then.

• @9mfeo Rude is your attempt to correct the asker for the sake of correcting her. Everyone knows what she means and she doesn't need the kid at the front of the class, whom always has her hand up, to run over and "correct" her and completely ignore her question. ESPECIALLY when the asker WAS CORRECT!!

• @moshingexec i was referencing full house just now actually. Chill.

• As long as you don't act on your jealousy, it's fine! It happens to me, too. Jealousy is a totally natural human emotion, even if it is usually unethical. I think the fact that you have to ask shows that you're a pretty good person!

• Honestly its normal. I get that way sometime. Talk to him!!

• I think it's normal I get jealous a nice amount of times.