Do you think that this is a shady reason to stop answering my texts?

My guy friend (since high school) no longer text/calls me. We were pretty close (I dont mean sexual) hung out on birthdays and other special occasions, text each other every now and then to see how each other's doing for years, met his family, he met mines, etc. One day I sent him a text after not hearing from him in a bit. Months later... still haven't heard from him. The text was real casual, a "hey hyd?" After going on social media I found out he has a girlfriend now. It makes a lot of sense but I still think its kinda shady to stop talking to someone you've known for so long just because your dating. Not even a text saying, "I dont wanna hang with u no more blah blah blah". No we werent dating.. no he wasn't my man but he was my FRIEND so I think it's quite shady. Im currently on a break from dating, but guys ask me out from time to time, every time I tell myself ok I think Im ready to start dating again... it's things like this that turns me off. Thoughts? For sure, I'll move on from this, just thought it was shady.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not shady. I get texts. I'm in the middle of something and next thing I know, I never replied. You didn't ask anything important that needed his attention. If you're "just friends" then there's nothing to read into it.

If I sent that to a guy friend and I really wanted a response I'd say something like, "hey dickhead, you too pussy whipped to talk to your friends?" Maybe not your style but that's how a guy would handle this. Lol

• I dont think Im reading too much in to it. We always use to text each other and he always would reply. Now I never hear from him again and when I do reach out he ignores it. Ah well. Guys will be guys. Gotta love em.

• Thanks. Did you watch the clip?

• No the link did not work :/ lol

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it's shady. Just try messaging him again - maybe he didn't get it. Or, maybe his girlfriend is super insecure and doesn't want him talking to other girls.

• Nah I won't text him again. Im over it now. I just had to get it off my chest. lol

• I never thought your opinion was dumb at all. I might not agree with it but I still appreciated your input.

• Ok, thank u

• Yes, it is shady.

• I don't think it's shady. He probably didn't value your friendship that much. How long has it been since the last time he contacted you?