Is it bad I want my boyfriend to propose?

We have been together for almost 4 years and we graduate next year. And after highschool I don't know what's going to happen I know I am in love with him and he is the same but he's going out of state for college and I'm going to school for cosmetology which can be where ever but I really don't was t to lose him is it really that bad that I hope he proposes?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you want him to propose because getting married would be the best thing for both of you, or because it would be the best thing for you?

What Guys Said 7

• People that are just beginning the rigors of college with all the studying usually have enough to worry about. Trying to start family life can hurt the education. And what about money? Somebody needs to work, preferably both parties, in addition to school and homework. Not good to get married as you start school. Wait and see how things go.

• Its not a bad thing per say, but its a little irrational in your given time and sotuation. I think it'd be best to wait on the marriage, but if you think that you are ready, (and since you say that you can take cosmetology anywhere), why not go out of state with him, and maybe move in together. You could get an apartment together, or if you could take cosmetology in the same school as him, you could both stay in dorm rooms and still see eachother on a regular basis. I know that you wanna do everything you can to hold the relationship together, but its not wise to rush into being legally bound to marriage with this guy so early and while you are both getting your lives together. Nor will simply giving your relationship a new title hold it together. If you want the relationship to pull through, just find a convenient way to see eachother on a regular basis.

• You're just out of high school? I doubt he'll propose it's pretty early.
    Really though... if he's worth marrying in the first place, you'll be able to handle being apart during college.

• It's not bad, but it's also not realistic and may even be unhealthy right now.

• No, you're simply ready for the next relationship to go further. I'm not sure if he is or when he is going to be ready.

• That is bad.

• No, not at all.

What Girls Said 4

• It's not bad if u love him and wanna marry him but, then what? I mean, u gotta be sure if ur gonna be in the same state or not.

• It's not bad but... not many HS relationships survive college - ring or no. If he's going to leave, he's going to leave no matter what your title is.

• Just give it some time. Whether he proposed or not, you are together and that's what matters!

• It's not bad but make sure it isn't only cause you're scared