How to approach a girl that you really want to get, without directly hitting on her?

What is the best way to approach a girl and talk to her, when in your head and heart you really want to say something clever and be more then friends. It gets to the point that it causes you to freeze up and not do anything but just sit there look and just wonder "what if". Yet at the same time you want to approach her and be able to get past "Hello," because as a guy you always have to have the what next. The whole thing about the guy approaching, having the dates planned out and really putting everything on their shoulders really puts a lot of stress on the guy, especially for guys like me who are shy. Don't have any idea of actually how to push through my fear and talking and asking out girls in reality. Not to mention I have had dates, but not a lot which strikes fear in my heart, because I wonder if I will ever get a girlfriend and get married being that I am 29 almost 30 years old and never really had a girlfriend.

Not to mention I see a lot of pretty girls at the gym I would love to talk to, but like any random approach I psych myself out of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Start talking about something simple for a while, then if she's receptive, ask for her number.

What Girls Said 2

• You sound so shy

• Well I am, but I am trying figure out how to get past that and actually talk to women that I find very attractive no matter the circumstance.

• Awwww how Said dont be shy man bug up that cheast waltz over to the girl and be yourself try not to blush awwww good luck

What Guys Said 1

• I reckon if you run at her but turn away at the last second you will not hit her, but you may startle her. If you did hit her it would probably upset her, which is why you turn away and hit a bar stool or her less interesting friend. Try to use enough speed to get to her so no other men beat you, but not tok much so you can stop yourself semi safely