Do you recommend online dating?

So I've thought about looking into online dating, but I've always thought it was pathetic- no offense. I have a friend who's doing it and suggested I do it as well. I've kinda been hoping to find an SO for a while, but I've had no luck. Guys never approach me and to top it off I'm extremely shy around guys and I act closed off when I'm shy. I haven't got a chance with like this. I think online dating is the only way I could ever find something and it would make things a lot easier for me because I could get to know the person a little beforehand. I might consider trying it in a few years, but I don't know yet. Have you tried it and would you recommend it?

Most Helpful Guy

• It worked for me seven years ago. We're still together and crazy happy. However, don't expect instant success. The summer before I met her I had 15 first dates and no second dates. But don't waste time with a bunch of messaging before you meet someone. If there is mutual interest, go meet the person and see if there is any chemistry.

• Awww. Congrats! Thanks for the advice. :)

• by the way you are totally cute. I can't imagine why guys wouldn't approach you.

• I think it's because I don't seem inviting. I have a mean face and I get really shy around guys I like. I'm gonna try to work on this.

What Guys Said 2

• I say go for it! The most important tips I can give you is to write a detailed profile, and to post both face and fully body pictures!

• You don't need this online dating crap. You're absolutely beautiful and you'll find the right person for you one day.

• I don't think I'll get on such a website, I've only been thinking about it. If it doesn't happen in about 3 years I might consider it again, but at this point I still don't think I would. I was talking to some friends who are on it and they were pushing me to do it and I was like nah, maybe in a few years.

What Girls Said 3

• To make friends yes, to really date no... people can say a lot on internet and make a lot of fake personalities and so on

• Yeah, that's true.

• True.. I would first Skype a lot, so we get to talk face2face.. then meet as friends and see how it developes..

• @wrestlingchick
      Yeah, that would be a good idea.

• its a quick and easy way to meet a lot of guys, chat, trade pics and if you dont like em just move on to the next one, but be warned there's a lot of creeps out there lol

• I have tried online dating and I don't recommend it. These type of guys aren't serious. Once they have an account they'll never take it down, even if they start seeing you. I say this because I know from experience and this has happened to other girls I know too. Their boyfriends were on okcupid. I just don't recommend it. It's a very shallow website