Should I feel insecure about not having dated anyone?

I'm 16 and never really liked any girls around me besides the occasional crush. Not has i kissed a girl. I'm starting to feel kinda embarrassed about it. Is there a certain age someone would have to have had a partner/first kiss? Dont be brutal thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• I do admit I kissed a girl when I was 16 but I didn't have sex or even seen a girls boobs or ass other than porno until I was 19 and I didn't have a serious actual relationship with a girl until I was 20 most relationships would last like a two-three weeks max and I normally kept to myself anyways and just played video games lol. Nothing wrong with what you're doing trust me once high school is done all that drama and insecurity goes away. And remember most girls don't even want to know about your past relationships so most of the time they won't ask :)

What Girls Said 1

• There's no certain age, no need to rush things, when the time comes you'll know for sure when you're ready for one :)

What Guys Said 2

• Generally it is perceived as weird, but ask yourself: do you really care? I've had my fair share of: "Dude, you've never had a gf? You gay or what?" Well, you're essentially inviting them to make fun of you if you answer with: "It's because I haven't been able to get a girl yet." I'd just tell them you can't be bothered to put up with all the drama and that you'd rather save money and time so you can buy and do whatever you like without taking someone else's feelings into account. Trust me, usually shuts them up. It's as awkward as you make it yourself.

• I didn't start dating until I was in college. It's essentially a waste of time to date in high school.

• Why do you say its a waste?

• Most high school relationships don't last. You're too young, everybody goes different places after graduation, etc.