Women accuse me of being racist for thinking that white women are better than women of other races?

Can I accuse them of being heightist for thinking that tall men are better than short men?

Most Helpful Guy

• They're just butthurt. Like who you want.

• It's much more hurtful to get rejected because of your height than your race actually.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't think that's racist. Just a racial preference.

• Then stop saying better. Say it's your preference. You are more attracted to them. It's not better or worse so stop using the keywords that will piss people off. You're just making yourself seem like an ass instead of a dude who happens to be attracted to white women

• I didn't actually. People translated it that way.

• Then you need to be clear and leave no room for interpretation

• Exactly. The Asker just has to use better word choice.

• That is racist.

• Any time you use the word “better,” and some noun relating to humans, there's a high chance you'll come off sounding like a bigot.

Preference is a much better term to stick in there.

• yes I agree, its about choice of wording... unfortunately...

• We all know that if we prefer something, it means we think this thing is better?

• Again, Asker, [insert first part of answer]. Saying “cake is better than pie” is obviously an opinion and matter of personal preference. But cakes and pies are not people. They don't have securities and insecurities. They may have inherent qualities that are unchangable, but they don't exist in a hierarchal society.

And vague statements are worse. What's better? The taste? Look? Ease of making? Well, those are in reference to pies and cakes, but as an analogy you know what I mean. Or rather, I hope you do.

• I bet I could beat you in a wrestling match and humiliate you publically

• heh go ahead.

Personally I find white guys to be admirable but that's not to say that I'm going to be attracted to EVERY white guy I run into.

It only gets hurtful when I happen to find one I'm attracted to and they're not attracted to me. :/

• Yeah of course white people have ugly people too, but I mean in general.

• sure, go ahead; but at least let's just hope that you'll do something GOOD for this world.

Yeah but I guess white chicks seem to be in demand on this site.

I can see girls like Sarah Hyland makin' it big in the dating department. lol

I see that all this issue with race is actually drawing us away from the bigger picture in life. There's one for everybody...

• I don't think there's any danger in hoping that you'll meet the person of your dreams** someday is there? lol

• Better? Can come off racist. Prefer? Sounds fine.

• Technically is racist but you can't help what you like.. Heightist no but discriminative yes haha.

• I agree with @emerald77. You don't have to be attracted to each race!

• Yeah but I got accused of being racist in the other thread.

• Not to insult anyone, but some people are just stupid and you can't do much about it. Just don't give a shit about what they say.

• "white women are BETTER than women of other races"- yes you are racist. Its because you are comparing in general with bias based solely on your opinion without a generalizing fact.
    If you say "I LIKE white women than other races"- it sounds more of preferences and not racist.

"Tall men are BETTER than short men" -they are quite similar to racist so yes its heightist.. if they use the term LIKE instead of BETTER, it may seem more of preference than heightist..

• I don't need to hear any more of this shit. The truth hurts, yes.

• if you don't, then disavow this question. Or you don't need to reply like that kind of words.

What Guys Said 8

• It depends on how you word it, as in "I think these people are BETTER THAN those people" vs. "I PREFER to date these people to those people".

• It doesn't matter how I word it, if I say I prefer to date these people then it means that I think these people are better.

• "Better" or "more attractive"? I prefer white girls, I don't think they're better than any other race.

• Here's a good rule, if you replace eye color for race how does it sound? Women with blue eyes are better than women with green. Better In the sence of more attractive then it works, better in the sence of superior it does not. The second therefore is racist.

• Attractive people are superior, my friend.

• No, hardly. Intelligence, poise, education, manners, diction and possibly both income and the ability to dress well all trump looks every time.

• Yeah but all things being equal, the attractive one is superior.

• I have been thinking lately that Asian women are better and good looking than any of the race on earth... They are simply the hottest...

• Saying one race of something is "better" is implying that all other races of that same thing are "lesser".

So it makes sense that you are implied as a racist based on your word choice.

• the way you worded it yes thats racist.

• What do you mean by "better"? If you're talking about being physically attracted then that's just your personal preference.

• well the way you put it does sound kind of racist lol but if you just are more attracted to white girls that doesn't NECESSARILY mean your a racist

• That's the exact definition of racism dumbass.