Guys, what do you think about girls who use online dating sites?

• only looking for sex
    6% (3)
  • looking for something not serious
    9% (4)
  • future cat lady
    17% (8)
  • nothing out of the ordinary
    49% (23)
  • other
    19% (9)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

18

Most Helpful Guy

• In the summer of 2005, the week my divorce became final. I joined eHarmony to find myself a new wife. I was full time employed working evenings and attending college and not only that, I had custody of my 4 year of son.

Every time the subject of online dating comes up in this forum, I feel the stupid quotient start to swiftly rise. Real world dating is what others value. Online efforts are either declasse, plainly false or simply overhyped.

Seven months in to my one year eHarmony membership, I met the woman that would one day become my wife. She also worked full time, but at a normal day job. With 8 hours clock time plus 1 hour lunch and 3 hrs total commute, her work day was 12 hours long. Coming home after 6 pm, still with 2 daughters to feed, how the hell was she supposed to date? Never mind how it is that we were supposed meet.

The strangest part of the story I've yet to begin to tell. When she was young, her family moved to my city and for a short time we attended the same elementary school. (I was in 2nd grade and she was in 4th.) By every measure were were meant for each other, but none of that penetrates for those that reject dating online.

This June will be our aniversary. Nine happy years together it will be. If you ask me for my life's best decision, it would be joining eHarmony.

To finally answer your question: I think a girl that wisely uses online dating is simply doing a smart thing with a modern tool. God bless her.

What Guys Said 17

• If they just smiled to a guy sipping his coffee in a coffeehouse they'd have more success and less bad surprises.

• At least they have some chance of meeting someone, since generally they're way outnumbered by guys on most sites, certainly all the free ones.

• I think they haven't had much luck with their local dating scene so they try online dating.

• I would think that she's looking for something serious and looking for 'the one'. I would think she was a little naive and desperate and a bit of a hopeless romantic. Probably the kind of girl who spends hours on the couch watch romantic comedies while crying her eyes out. Perhaps someone who's not in tune with reality and always dreaming about the perfect guy and the perfect way to meet him.

• Desperate desperate desperate

• Based on the girls I see on online dating sites most of them have no luck in real life because of their appearance...

• I think that women using dating sites are more into looking for
    something serious than men.

• Nowadays it's nothing out of the ordinary, and you did say online 'dating' sites, not online hookup sites, like Ashley Madison or Adult Friend Finder...

• Online dating can work... it takes time though.

• In my experience, girls with profiles would never actually meet with a guy they met online. They have the profile just for the attention and the confidence boost a full mailbox brings.

• I've met guys I felt safe meeting

• But if that's clearly stated, you should know not to message unless you want a pen pal

• I never said I messaged them. Just based on the sample of profiles seen, I concluded it's not worth it to have a profile.

• Well... I don't see any harm in girls using dating sites... nut it's far more easier 2 get a bf/ whatever in real scenarios than in dating sites...

• It just shows to me that the person really wants to look for something seriously

• If I had to say, I believe it's because they don't have the time to meet new guys.

• It's perfectly normal these days. You don't have to worry much about it 😊

• it depend on why she is doing that ,,

• I think they don't get out enough

• Who knows what they're after until you talk to them, could be sex could be a relationship. One thing is for sure though, they're rejects who can't do it IRL and so are the dudes.