Why did he do this? He said he doesn't think of me in that way and only sees me as a friend.

I met a guy in Fall 2011 in my class and he would always stare at me whenever I walked into class. He always had that yearning look on his face. One time he said that I had pretty hair. In summer 2013 we crossed paths again in a prep class. He would always park next to me. One time I was sitting in my car and talking o the phone and when I looked to my right, he was staring at me with that yearning look. That fall I volunteered at an organization he created with his friends. He invited me to the board meeting and introduced me to all his friends as "Hey I want you to meet Anna that I've told you about." Th entire meeting he stared at me even while he was talking to his friends. That night on his twitter he posted: "I wish I could shut off these feelings..."This semester he is in one of my classes. On the first day he sat behind me and said "Hi Anna how are you?" and he had that yearning look. He still sits behind me. Today when class was over I turned to my side to get my stuff and he was staring. As I was slowly getting up and he did the same and I sat back down and he still did the same. Then I got up and he did the same. We talked for a bit and he was was nervous. Today as I was slowly getting up and he did the same and I sat back down and he still did the same. I asked if he has a girlfriend and he said "No, not looking for that now. Just trying to stay focused." Sometimes when he leaves class he'll turn around and look at me as he leaves. Last night we were helping each other with hw through text from 6-9pm. A few hours later he texted me good night. He invited me to study with him for the final. After we studied, we were leaving the library and he hugged me goodbye. I said im pretty sure we both feel the same about each other. He said he doesn't think of me in that way and only sees me as a friend. But he was smiling the whole time and looked very happy. I texted him once to sell him a textbook but he never responded and then he unfriended me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm. Some guys find a girl they really like and end up putting them up on a pedestal where they over-worship them to the point they are too scared and intimidated by them. This infatuation has be going on for a long time. Then you basically gave him the green light to asking you out. He seemed to panic and used the friends only as an escape route to avoid facing his feelings for you and admitting them to you even though you shared an interest with him. He still feels like he isn't worthy maybe and is just too shy to handle the emotions. The un friending part is a really weird move. That shows some anger or resentment of which neither is justified based on your story. I think he has a screw loose there, and maybe it is best to avoid him and just move on.

What Guys Said 2

• Hm.. seems interesting story what's going on. Well, this situation gonna be hard. He and you go to college together? If so, maybe you should invite him to your room for study and ask him if he having stress time. Or if he and you go same high school, I admit, it's gonna be hard then ever. Well, if your family lets you invite his family for dinner.. I'm sure he will be happy. So, just be normal person.. be yourself. I'm sorry if I posted bad idea. I tried my best.

• no clue maybe he felt like he blew it

What Girls Said 1