Is dating harder for guys or girls?

I would say girls have it slightly easier. Slightly because they can take quick measures that can remove a lot of their problems. I'll explain this in point 2.

1. If a guy went up to 100 girls and asked for sex, all would say no, unless he's really lucky, maybe 1. If a girl does the same, about 1/3 of guys would approve.

2. Girls can eliminate the fear of bad/creepy guys by making it blunt. Say NO. Don't play hard-to-get. If you drop mixed signals to a guy you find unattractive or creepy, he'll continue to worry you and the fear gets severe. Just say NO, and these guys will flock away. Nothing is more clear than that. Girls shouldn't be a challenge to any guy. It's either yes or no. That makes dating much less stressful.

3. It's very hard for a guy to get creeped out when a girl follows them or gropes them. Don't listen to society calling girls "sl*ts" or wh0res". I personally never used those terms. However, a guy can be seen as creepy if he comes on too strong in any form, whether flirting or the touch barrier or teasing. So it seems hypocritical for society to say guys should make the first move if women have equal rights.

Since most of society is extroverted, they carry this view of dating which I don't understand as an introvert with social anxiety. If you truly like someone, just say "I like you". You are not easy if you don't play games or hard to get. If the chemistry is with the guy/girl you like, nothing can take away the passion.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard for both but for guys more...

What Girls Said 10

• I'm a girl and I don't have it easy at all :D

• Oh yeah its way harder for guys

• It's impossible to tell because I've only experienced life as a girl, not a boy, and I could only give you my perspective. You can't say one if harder than the other because you don't /truly/ no what the opposite gender experiences. Plus, there's a lot of factors that'll make dating harder for either sex, such as race, body size, facial prproportionality, etc .

• Both have their troubles.. so its 50/50 :)

• Easier to get a mate, but harder to find the right one. Lots of guys just grab at who is cute and available at a given time without much thought. Wheres a woman chooses a man and he can be confident she is really into him in every aspect.

• I think it's defferent for both.

I think girls are more judged. If a girl has sex with a guy on the first date she's a slut. A guy would be ''cool''.

If a guy tried to be romantic, he gets laughed at.

Also girls have to struggle with makeup, hair & whatever els.

• Dating is hard for everyone.

• It all depends on the person.

• both have it hard in some of the same and different ways

• Definitely harder for guys. Suck is it?

What Guys Said 11

• 'Slightly' easy for girls? No way! It's actually WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier for girls! They hardly need to do anything. They can just sit around without batting an eyelid or raising a finger, and yet approached by men. All they need to do, is exercise their lip muscles to say a simple 'yes' or 'no'. Unless she happens to be really overweight or unattractive.

I'm always happy being man, but there have been times when I wished I was a woman only because it would have been much easier to find a partner!

• Under 25 girls, over 28 guys, on average.

Being sociable helps both, though matters more for guys. Being good looking helps both but matters more for girls. Being reasonably established matters a lot for older guys.

Your question asked about dating, but your first point referred to casual sex. Casual sex is easier for women to obtain, period.

Most of society is not extroverted. Most people find dating and approaching stressful. Enough men will do it that young women for the most part don't have to.

• Depends on the perspective.

From a guy's point of view, we're expected to approach and risk dealing with constant rejection. So they go back home and repeatedly tell them themselves "Big Girls don't cry"

From a girl's point of view, what if no one ever approaches. So they go back home and repeatedly tell them themselves "Big Girls don't cry"

• Guys often have less options and that can be a good thing in some sense if the guy can get it through his head to take "no" as an answer he can definitely use this to his advantage to find the right person rather than just somebody.

• Women
    Pros:Have an easier time probably getting a mate but doesn't mean that's the person they want. They also don't need as much money to date. Also controls sex and its very important to men.
    Cons :They can only choose from who approaches them. They also have to make sure they aren't being used as a piece of meat.
    I can see things from this point of view being very difficult when it comes to the cons.

Men
    Pros: Approaches women they find attractive so they can choose not to approach women they find undesirable. They get to control marriage which is very important to women.
    Cons: More likely to have to deal with rejection. Also more likely to have to spend more money on dates.

• Guys have to lose fat AND gain muscle.

Girls have life on easy mode lol, jk that's totally not true.

• Its a little harder for guys but that's mainly due to the fact that we must do the approaching 9 out of 10 times, and that normally requires a level of confidence most girls can only dream of having

• It's not half and half or 50/50. The truth is girls have it much easier than we do when it comes to dating. Period.

• There are more males then females so what do u expect? Dem cuties get to choose.

• Guys have it harder in starting and keeping a relationship

• people are entitled to their opinion, but the reason why i feel women have it easier is because they have the final say, all they have to do is welcome or deny advances, yes i know that being the approacher, it means we are literally going after what we want, but i like to use the analogy that meeting someone of the oppossite sex, getting a date/relationship for men is like applying for a job, the man is the job applicant while the woman is the hiring-manager, yes i know that even if you get hired for the job does not mean you have to accept it, you can quit if you want to but c'mon, if i'm not interested for a job, it's gonna be pretty damn difficult to make me change my mind to quit or reject the offer if i've been hired, if i wasn't interested i would not have applied in the first place, i feel women have most of the power in the beginning, because also if things don't go past the first or second date, things don't transition to an actual relationship, it's usually because the woman, not the man, that ended up losing interest, lost attraction, yes i'm sure it can happen in which the man ended up losing interest before a second or third date happens, no exclusivity is formed, but i doubt it happens as much as the woman losing interest/attraction because since whoever does the pursuing initially is the one that is the most interested at first, anyway, i think you get what i'm saying.