I'm a 14 and he's 18... Do you think it could ever work out?

He isn't just into me for sex or anything, he's even set his own boundaries and asks if I'm comfortable.

• Yes, it could work out.
  • No, he's too old.
Just sayin': It's not illegal as long as we're not doing anything sexual. We get on really well, he's been a really close guy friend for about 8 months now.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• I mean it COULD, but it's unlikely. However, it isn't recommended because it is illegal for you two to have sex.

I'd recommend just staying friends if you really think this has relationship potential, and when you turn of legal age, actually pursue him romantically/sexually (or allow him to).

• well just dating is alright even thou he is much older but anything sexual
    would be consider way too illegal

• An 18 year old should not be interested in a 14 year old at all. I know at 18 I would never consider someone that young because the maturity difference is much larger than when the two people are older say 18 & 22.

• It will be technically illegal for 4 more years. But after that, 4 years isn't much of an age difference, so it could certainly work out if you both put in the effort and go the distance.

• No. It's wrong. 4 years is not a big deal if you're both adults. A 14 and 18 year old though. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Ask what anime he watches, then return to me.

• I dated a girl when she was "illegal". We lasted for 5 years. She is the first and only girl i have eveer been in love with...

• I would never allow you to date at 14 years old, and especially an 18 year old man.

• Better wait until you're the legal age where you live or he'll end up in a prison quick.

• try meeting again in 5-10 years ^^ then it might work. now? very unlikely!

• too old for now wai until you finish HS

• sure it can work just tell him to come back on your 18th birthday till then leave him alone.

• i've been in that exact situation when i was senior high school. we broke up eventually, but not because of our age difference.

• No, not long term. Sorry.

What Girls Said 9

• Honestly, I don't think so. From what I've noticed, people with that age difference rarely stay in a relationship after the older person graduates from high school. Four years isn't a big deal if we're talking about a 28 year old and a 24 year old. In that case, they're both adults and are more likely to be on the same page mentally. In your case, a 14 year old is no where near on the same page as an 18 year old. The 18 year old is close to graduating and then will most likely either be going to college or joining the workforce in the real world.

The 14 year old will still be in high school. Either way, that's a completely different stage of life. People change a lot once they get out of high school, so in my opinion, the chances of this relationship working out in the long-run are slim. I'm not trying to make you sad or rain on your parade, I'm just giving my honest opinion.

• Age is just numbers... if you really like him and he's really into you.. then hell yeah it would work

• Who knows what the future holds.

It has nothing to do with ya'lls age gap. It's more to do with the fact that y'all are both still young. It's crazy how much a person mind can change. So down the line y'all might decide to see other people and experience more in life. There is a chance y'all might stay together but sadly that chance is probably slim. Even if there is a chance it might all come crashing down. Still go all out and experience as much as you can with him. :)

• For short term, yes, but if he is a senior and plans on going off to college, it probably won't work out. For a summer fling, sure. He will probably be caught up in his own life though.

• right now I think that's too much of an age gap... maybe when you're a few years older. you're what, a freshman in high school, and he's a senior or graduated. that's too big of a difference in my opinion. I think you should wait

• I think the age gap is very large now.

• In reality there are couples much more years apart but it really depends on your parents opinions. I'm 14 myself but I wouldn't go past a Junior since I am a freshman. (but it also counts as statutory rape since he's not a minor anymore)

• You're too young to even worry about that

• Yeah it could work, but you are really young for him at the moment, he could get in real trouble