Girls, when you say you want a "taller guy", what do you really mean?

Like if you're 5'4, you'll date 5'4.0000000000000000...1 and up or do you have a specific buffer zone, like 5'10 and up

I see girls say this quite a bit around here, that they'd only date a guy taller. Then they'll say that they're 5'4 and he needs to be at least 5'10. But isn't 5'9, 5'8, 5'7, 5'6, 5'5, and 5'4.0000000000000000...1 "taller" too?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 19

• I'm 5'4". I like taller guys, definitely. I'd want to date a guy at least taller than 5'7", so I can wear small 3" heels and be the same height. Ideally, I'd like to date guys that are between 5'10" and 6' so I can still wear my 6" heels. Anything taller than 6' is stretching it.

Exceptions will always be made, of course. Sometimes you get amazing guys of varied heights.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I say that, I mean taller than me.

0|1
    0|0
    • So limit as x approaches infinity of 1/x, or 0.000...1 inches taller than you good enough?

• I should have said "or he's equal to my height". As long as he's taller or equal to me, I'm good. I doubt I would truly reject a guy SHORTER than me, but I would prefer someone taller. Make sense?

• I am 5'9" myself and wouldn't date anyone shorter than that. I am incredibly attracted to the 6'3"ish guys but I won't date ONLY them ofcourse. If I really like him I'm fine with him being my height just not shorter

0|0
    0|0
  • to be honest I think most girls, if looking for a taller guy, are looking for someone who's still taller than them in their fav pair of high heels so you can probably imagine it might be quite a bit taller.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I am 6'1" so for me that would just mean a guy who is as tall or nearly as tall as I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 6ft tall and my general rule is my height or taller, but exceptions are easily made for anyone who is awesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well im 5ft5, so I would like a guy who is at least 5ft7, or between 5ft7 and 5ft11. I dont want him. Be too tall, but I dont want to be the tallest person between us two.

0|0
    0|0
  • it means if i put heels on he is still taller.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'4'' so i prefer guys who are 5'6''/5'7'' + ha, so pretty much a guy who is taller than my height, not a specified 6ft, just whoever is taller than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a couple inches taller, like three at least

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they're like two or three inches taller it's nice. I'm five ten though lol honestly personality is important not height

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as the guy isn't below my height, I don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me I mean guys 5'7/5'8 and above ( I am 5'6) by the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least 2-3 inches taller than I am. I'm about 5'9"

0|0
    0|0
  • At least an inch or two taller than me, doesn't need to be an obvious difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am 5 ft 2". Many people like a taller guy because it feels more secure. "Big strong man"

0|0
    0|0
    • No, I know why girls like taller guys. That wasn't my question. Are you illiterate?

• Show All
    • Also let me clarify. It means "Big strong man"... insecure much?

• So rry, I was just really pissed off at the time.

But really, my description was not hard to understand at all. So what's your "buffer zone" or minimum height requirement for your boyfriend?

• At least 2" taller. We need to be able to wear heels and not look giant next to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'3 and prefer guys 6ft

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't have a buffer zone per say. I would prefer a guy my height or taller.

0|0
    0|0