Is it true if a guy doesn't have a job he can't afford to have girlfriend?

Your answers holds no value if you have not finished high school yet. Please keep that in mind before commenting.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not exactly. It's not about being able to afford it, but a guy who doesn't have a job or isn't studying or just generally doing something with his life isn't attractive to most girls. Broke students still have relationships and do fine. If he's not doing anything though, that's when he may have difficulties getting a girlfriend.

What Girls Said 8

• I guess I can't have a boyfriend either since I never worked and can't afford a boyfriend or a baby.

• It's not true in my book.

• Why Is it not true in your book?

• I don't care about money that much but I just read your update so obviously my answer holds no value, so whatever :D

• that's not true, though many girls might like to go out once in a while. there are women who wouldn't mind paying the tab but women with jobs will likely want a man with a job who can fend for himself and her at times.

• If you can afford to look after yourself then you are fine.

• No. It's not.

• Not really.

• No that is not true. However, pay attention to her lifestyle and that will help. It just depends on you and her.

• I wouldn't date a jobless guy or one that is living with his parents.

• I would hope a woman in her thirties wouldn't date a jobless guy.

What Guys Said 7

• hahaha I always found this to be hilarious because the majority of the older 20s females do hold this rule. Yet, some of those 20 something year old females dont have a job, they're not studying and have nothing to bring to the table besides looks. So speaking for myself if the girl doesn't have a job or isn't studying then that same rule should be applied to her.

• not always dude...;-)

• Handbags and shoes aren't expensive, BUT HOLY FUCK THEY NEED SO MANY OF THEM

• yes they are!! I want a chanel handbag that cost about 6000 usd $$! hahah

• That's madness. You'll only use it like twice!

• Yeah unless he's a scumbag that doesn't give a damn about his girlfriend then he doesn't have to get a job

• depends on his job

• if he doesn't have a job girls are the least of his worries

• Not necessarily. But it's pretty damn hard to get one without a job.